Mary Jane Wilson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
    ... MayBea, as I am pleased to tell you Chris Scott put this right when he found Mary Brider's marriage. See this Casebook thread (click)
    And how did he put it right? Did he call it off because she says Tomaaaata instead of Tomahto!

No, he found documentary evidence in the form of a marriage certificate from 1889 and then her census record for 1891.

So he proved she was alive after the death of Mary Kelly and therefore she could not be her.

Comment

• Here's a mention of Robert Gould, tailor, in the Old Bailey proceedings. He is a witness and the victim in a house burglary in 1874.

http://www.oldbaileyonline.org/brows...-461#highlight

The brother-in-law of MJW's brother, Henry, is Robert Gould, a tailor, and he was living in Westminster from 1871. The only other Robert Gould, tailor, is one in Chelsea so I'm guessing this is the right one.

Comment

• I'm interested in the possible connection between Daniel Reardon who married Margaret Reardon, address 5 Thrawl St. in 1887, and the Lilian Reardon who is living at 2 Millers Court in 1891. (Margaret is MJW's brother's niece.)

Head: Lilian Reardon (Widow) aged 37 born Westminster
        Son: Charles J Reardon aged 10 born Pimlico
        http://forum.casebook.org/archive/index.php/t-1764.html

Daniel Reardon is also from Westminster so there might be a connection. I cannot find a Lilian Reardon in the census or the marriage index. I'm wondering if it could be one of his sisters.

1881 Census

Street address: 47 Marshall St
        Registration district: Westminster
        Sub-registration district: Golden Square

Daniel Reardon 42 Tailor
        Catherine Reardon 43
        Mary Reardon 23
        Daniel Reardon 21 Tailor
        Catherine Reardon 18
        Margaret Reardon 16
        William Reardon 14
        Eleanor Reardon 7

Comment

• I'm still researching Lilian Reardon of Millers Court as per the previous post, so far without success. I've ordered the death certificate for her son Charles who died in 1909.

In the meantime, I've received the birth certificate of Mary Jane Wilson's daughter Rose who died in infancy.

It shows that she reported the birth after 36 days, close to the legal limit of 42 days but still far short of the 54 days for her son William John.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Here is Rose Wilson's death certificate. She died in 1879 at 7 months.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by MayBea View Post
              I'm still researching Lilian Reardon of Millers Court as per the previous post, so far without success. I've ordered the death certificate for her son Charles who died in 1909.
              Transcript as follows:
              Registration District Whitechapel
              Death in the Sub-district of Spitalfields in the County of London

Fifth December 1909 10 Paternoster Court
              Charles Jeremiah Reardon
              Male/ 29 years Carman
              Found Dead Heart failure supervening on influenza natural
              Certificate received from Wynne E. Baxter Coroner for County of London Inquest held 9th December 1909
              Regisered Ninth December 1909 AJ Brady Registrar

Comment

• Hi Maybea - fascinating thread - why do your posts on MJW just stop?

Comment

• Yes why .

Comment

• Originally posted by MBDecre View Post
                    Hi Maybea - fascinating thread - why do your posts on MJW just stop?
                    They don’t, they just transfer over to How’s place:

https://www.jtrforums.com/showthread...ighlight=derby

Comment

• If he was the Charles Reardon born in Whitechapel in 1880, his mums maiden name was King.....
                      Pat....

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                        If he was the Charles Reardon born in Whitechapel in 1880, his mums maiden name was King.....
                        Pat....
                        If she was married, could this be her? Anne is the closest I could find to Lilian.
                        Marriages Sep 1872 (>99%)
                        King Anne Strand 1b 974 Scan available - click to view
                        Murray Margaret Mary A Strand 1b 974 Scan available - click to view
                        REARDON Denis Joseph Strand 1b 974 Scan available - click to view
                        Steemson Henry Strand 1b 974

Comment

• Yes I found that too and thought the same, but proving it is another matter. Have you found her elsewhere ?
                          Pat.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                            If he was the Charles Reardon born in Whitechapel in 1880, his mums maiden name was King.....
                            Pat....
                            Hi, Pat,

There must have been more than one because the one born of Daniel Reardon and Ellen King died in 1882 according to Ancestry Family Trees. I read somewhere where when people don't make it into the census, it's because they're living on the street, which would make them impossible to track.

Comment

• Or maybe he was illigitimate and had anther surname? There is a Lily reardon in the workhouse records but she seems too old....Pat..

Comment

• How old is too old? This one was 37.

Do you have any idea where Florence Pash was living?

Comment

Working...
                                X