He Must Have Done Something Before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Kong View Post
    who can we compare the Ripper to, and what can we learn from these comparisons?
    I think one in particular killer we can compare Jack to is Ted Bundy. The reason being is the sexual nature of the crimes and the apparent hatred of women in both cases.
    Hi Major Kong

What about the Yorkshire ripper Peter Sutcliffe? He was so called because of JTR. He never left any semen at the crime scenes, but did get sexual gratification from his crimes. His hatred of women started because of his Father, he was actually a Mummy's boy. That's an interesting point because many people believe JTR may have been intimidated by women and maybe had an over bearing Mother etc. YR said he heard voices and was schizophrenic but experts believe he was lying.

Comment

values

Hello MK. Thanks.

"I would posit that if one did the research there is a history of rampage killings in Europe during the 19th c."

Could be. So "JTR" was a rampage killer? If he killed Tabram, you may be right.

"I do agree with you that such behavior was "unthinkable" in mid-upper class Victorian England...but I believe Whitechapel falls outside this classification due to the extreme poverty and "melting pot" of various people and cultures."

I respectfully disagree. they adopted many of their values. For instance, while many cohabited, they agreed with the middle classes that this was incorrect.

Other examples available.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
        The only one that works for me is the Agnes Bing murder. There was supposedly another one in Vancouver at about the same time, but I haven't been able to find it.

How did Kelly sail to Vancouver? I'll make an assumption that he made his way to San Francisco first and then maybe stopped in Portland, but I have no idea. I will say that San Francisco and Vancouver were notorious for the influx of workers and the heaps of prostitution that came along with the movement of so many men. We could say the same thing about towns like Abilene, Wichita, and Dodge City, KS. St Louis too. Major routes went through St. Louis at this time. The line to San Francisco went through Nebraska and Colorado. The Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe railroad system went from Chicago south through Kansas and into New Mexico...later all the way to Los Angeles with branches going north to San Francisco. I'd hazard a guess that Kelly, if he actually went to Vancouver, took the train to San Francisco via St. Louis. But that's only of he wanted to get there quicker.

Mike
        Since there was no Panama canal at the time, I presume he sailed to either Montreal or Halifax. Winnipeg was a major city at the time, several trains would get there. It was easy in those days for a British man to enter Canada.
        Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
        - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Thank you for the city and date on the Colorado one, I'll see if any historic newspaper archives present a possible murder to attribute to Kelly.
          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

Hi All

Could it be possible that the ripper may have attacked men before in the past?

As we don't know what the motive was really, and looking at other crimes like that of Holmes, he was killing men and women. Could it be possible?

I know there was suggestion of killing animals on this thread. I was reading some news articles and there were alot of cases where cattle in Ireland were attacked, prompting a letter from the Queen.

Comment

Of course this all presupposes he was a "standard" serial killer. Such are generally considered to start with other anti-social behaviour [minor crime] before moving on.

But if, as some have speculated he was a "hide a grain of sand on the beach" type killer, or some other motive [maybe needing to get rid of a specfic person or specific people] then those "profiles" are worthless [if they are of any worth anyway].
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I am for the moment thinking that those women were picked specifically.

Comment

Working...
                X