No announcement yet.

The Long Island Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• but do u see my point about how if we could imagine the ripper/torso as one SK it would be similar to the LISK's method

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
      but do u see my point about how if we could imagine the ripper/torso as one SK it would be similar to the LISK's method
      Hi, Rocky,
      I do see that if the ripper and torso killers were instead one man, then that SK becomes similar to what is happening on Long Island.

I'm not sure I can believe either one is just one killer.

curious

Comment

but do u see my point about how if we could imagine the ripper/torso as one SK it would be similar to the LISK's method
        I see your point but I don't believe the Ripper and the Torso Killer were the same Serial Killer. However I wouldn't profess to know enough about the Lisk Killer and the Dismemberment Killer as to wether the Lisk Killer and the Dismemberment Killer were one and the same.

Cheers John

Comment

• True enough that we don't know if the Ripper/Torso were one and most believe not. But...I believe the LISK thought of them as one and studied all the Torso/Ripper as the MO of one killer and this is the method he has used over the past 20 years.

I hadnt thought the Ripper/Torso as one until I looked at it with the perspective of LISK case....and since I am sure that LISK/dismember are one...it starts to look like Ripper and Torso could be one also

Comment

True enough that we don't know if the Ripper/Torso were one and most believe not. But...I believe the LISK thought of them as one and studied all the Torso/Ripper as the MO of one killer and this is the method he has used over the past 20 years.

I hadnt thought the Ripper/Torso as one until I looked at it with the perspective of LISK case....and since I am sure that LISK/dismember are one...it starts to look like Ripper and Torso could be one also
            Thanks, Rocky,
            I'm going to have to mull this over a bit.

curious

Comment

To Rocky

I don't see how it follows that if the Lisk/Dismember are one and the same then the Ripper and Torso Killer are also one and the same. Also I still think one killer was responsible for the early Torso Killings of 1873-1874 and 1884 as well as 1887-1889. Jack the Ripper and the Torso killer also seem very different killers. In my opinion Jack a Working class killer and the Torso Killer ironically much closer to the Top Hated Toff that Jack the Ripper is often portrayed as in films and other fiction.

Cheers John

Comment

• I'm not saying the Torso/Ripper have to be one. All I'm saying is once you realizet the LISK is dismembering and dumping/staging full bodies and switching between all different MO the argument that Jack/Torso can't be one because of the difference and overlap in MO goes out the window

Comment

I'm not saying the Torso/Ripper have to be one. All I'm saying is once you realizet the LISK is dismembering and dumping/staging full bodies and switching between all different MO the argument that Jack/Torso can't be one because of the difference and overlap in MO goes out the window
                  To Rocky

I see what you are saying but Serial Killers changing there MO are exceptions to the rule rather than common place. I don't think the theoretical changing of MO between the Lisk and Dismemberment Killer has any effect what so ever as to wether Jack and The Torso Killer were one and the same. Having said that the Dismembering and leaving partial remains in a suitcase and dismembering of leaving a Torso in one place sound similar and could easily be the same killer. That same killer could also leave full bodies as well although I'm not totally convinced this is the case.

Cheers John

Comment

Hi Rocky,
                    I'm one of the very few who believe there may be a link between the Torso killer and JTR. What that link is, exactly, I don't know. Maybe they knew each other?
                    One scenario I do entertain sometimes is that "Jack" may have been a split or multiple personality. Two (or more) different killers in the same body, perhaps looking for different ways of fulfilling their needs.

Comment

• Its unlikely that JtR had Multiple Personality Disorder or as it is currently known Dissociative Identity Disorder. The number of people with true multiple personalities is very small. Generally the various personalities are very different from each other as they serve different defensive purposes for the psyche. IF someone had multiple personalities it is very unlikely that more than one would be murderous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenda View Post
                        Hi Rocky,
                        I'm one of the very few who believe there may be a link between the Torso killer and JTR. What that link is, exactly, I don't know. Maybe they knew each other?
                        One scenario I do entertain sometimes is that "Jack" may have been a split or multiple personality. Two (or more) different killers in the same body, perhaps looking for different ways of fulfilling their needs.
                        Hi Brenda
                        I'm actually one of the few who think that JtR and the torso might be one and the same. A seemingly overlooked fact is that ALL of the torso victims had signs of abdominal mutilations.

If they were one in the same I have posited in the past that the torso victims were when he could bring them home and the seemingly different MO of dismemberment was for ease of removing the bodies, and the ripper victims were during a time when he could not bring them home and had to kill them on the street.

It seems to me that the odds would be rather slim that there would be two separate serial killers operating at roughly the same time frame in the same area that targeted the same victim type and included the use of a knife/cutting tool in an era when serial killing was rare.

Comment

• To Brenda/Abbey

Surely before considering wether Jack and The Torso Killer were one and the same. Wether the Torso Killer was responsible for the early Torso Murders of 1873-1874 and 1884 needs to be considered.

Cheers John

Comment

• If the ripper is not torso then where are his other victims. No SK is gonna start then stop with 5. The Ripper murders are the work of a very calculated killer. One who in my opinion was so confident in his murdering and mutilation he was able to do it in the dark in minutes, silently with others around.

IMHO the ripper honed his "skillz" with years of practice and the dismembering are only make sense. Especially becuz his comfort in whitechapel says local to me so I wouldn't be looking for a traveler or visitor. Logically it's gotta be him or where are the victims?

Comment

• To Rocky

I suggest that soon after Mary Jane Kelly's murder the Ripper was incarcerated for another crime or died in some circumstance possibly both. That would explain why he stopped after Mary Jane Kelly.

Cheers John

Comment

IMHO the ripper honed his "skillz" with years of practice and the dismembering are only make sense.
                                To Rocky

I assume you have the same man responsible for the early Torso Killings of 1873-74 and 1884 as well as the 1887-89 Torso Killings?

Cheers John

Comment

Working...
                                X