Chapman's Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cadosh himself told at the inquest
    It was about two minutes after half-past five as I passed Spitalfields Church.
    That sounds as he had a look on the church-clock. So maybe his timing is right...

Comment

Originally posted by Nothing to see View Post
      Maybe I've seen too many movies and TV specials about Jack but I really don't place any great faith in the farthings, combs etc 'placed' around Annie's body. She had marks on her fingers that indicated she had been wearing rings but those rings were never located.

I'm guessing (IMO) Jack took them as trophies.
      Yes.. The farthing thing is a myth. All that was ever said was it looked like some objects had been arranged.

As far as I know the story was that a guy was passing off one coin for another and the police cleared that up. He was not JTR.

Reids statement is actually regarded as a mistake. He is ether referring to the guy who was checked out or an actual crime of that sort on hanbury st. I just quoted it to spur conversation. Its another oddity that seems to abound in ripperology.

Comment

Dr Philips at the inquest:

I searched the yard and found a small piece of coarse muslin, a small-tooth comb, and a pocket-comb, in a paper case, near the railing. They had apparently been arranged there.
        Is there anything known how these things were arranged? Side by side or one upon the other?

Comment

Here is a dissertation on the subject of the timing errors in case anyone hasnt read it:

Comment

Yeah I read it but I still go for Cadosche. He was how far from the fence?

It makes a lot more sense to me than Long. She was wrong. IMO.
            http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

[QUOTE=
              Course I think Schwartz saw Liz's killer...for just about the same reasons.
              [/QUOTE]

people correct me if im rong. I do seem to remember Schwartz pointing out that it was Kosminski he saw with liz and he was attacking her too i think. I could be rong, but Schwartz then said he did not want to testify against kosminski because he didnt want to be the reason for the hanging of a fellow jew. Doesnt that make kosminski the prime suspect?

Comment

Originally posted by evo-66jod View Post
                people correct me if im rong. I do seem to remember Schwartz pointing out that it was Kosminski he saw with liz and he was attacking her too i think. I could be rong, but Schwartz then said he did not want to testify against kosminski because he didnt want to be the reason for the hanging of a fellow jew. Doesnt that make kosminski the prime suspect?
                Hi. Schwartz is a Jack witness. He never said anything regarding Kosminski.

Comment

Originally posted by Nothing to see View Post
                  Yeah I read it but I still go for Cadosche. He was how far from the fence?

It makes a lot more sense to me than Long. She was wrong. IMO.
                  Mere feet from the fence. Thats why I go for the solid fence theory. As far as what he heard I have no idea. They should have put him back in his place and tried acoustic experiments. That may have resolved some questions.

Comment

Man, if CSI was around in 1888 we'd probably know who Jack was.

Unfortunately, it wasn't. Best guesses.

Comment

Cadosh at the inquest:

I heard a voice say "No" just as I was going through the door. It was not in our yard, but I should think it came from the yard of No. 29. I, however, cannot say on which side it came from
                      Maybe this "No" has nothing to do with the murder at all and came from somewhere else.

Comment

Hi Frank, that's doubtful, since he feels it came from the backyard of 29. I think we're on safe ground there. Plus, by this point the police would have questioned all neighbors about their movements this morning. It doesn't appear they turned up anything that would cast doubt on Cadosche's story.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I never really had doubts about Cadoshe's statement, not even in his timing. It was just a thought a had and I wanted to hear/read some opinions. Maybe I shouldn't submit any posts while at work.

I also believe that the last two known words in Annie's life were "Yes" (on the question "Will You?") and "No".

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                            Cadosh at the inquest:

Maybe this "No" has nothing to do with the murder at all and came from somewhere else.
                            Right.. The best thing to do was to put Cadosch exactly where he was when he heard the sounds and then make a few sounds like a lady saying no in the general area where Annie was found and then ask Cadosch if that sounds like what he heard.

Because Im wondering if the noise he heard that sounded like a great packing case hitting the fence wasnt actually the front door hitting the wall?

Maybe the "no" was actually the back door creaking? We have no idea unless the experiments are made.

Its too bad that area is gone. We could have performed sophisticated experiments with acoustics and maybe it could have helped.

Comment

Look guys

Forget this 'witness' stuff please.

The only really problematical thing here is the doctors' time of death estimate.

And I have a brilliant theory on that, if I say so myself.

If anybody is interested
                              allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                                Look guys

Forget this 'witness' stuff please.

The only really problematical thing here is the doctors' time of death estimate.

And I have a brilliant theory on that, if I say so myself.

If anybody is interested
                                Do tell.. compadre.

Cheers Stephen

Comment

Working...
                                X