Zodiac-type Terrorist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zodiac-type Terrorist?

I've been thinking about JTR's motive; I know most people assume it was somehow sexual, but the fact is that he spent a realy short time with each body, and from what we can tell, too little time with each victim prior to her death to have engaged in psychological torture (MJK excepted).

I noticed something looking at a timeline, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that there was never another murder until after the inquest and burial of the previous victim. (Double event excepted, but I'm in the "not Stride" school, myself.) It could be a coincidence, but to me it suggests that JTR enjoyed the aftermath more than the actual murder. Everyone acknowledges that even in an area where murder happened, the JTR killings were special, and London was in a grip of terror. Maybe that was the whole idea.

It isn't unheard of. Zodiac made it clear that was his purpose, and it seems to have been the Axeman of New Orleans' purpose. It was likely the purpose of the Tylenol killer of Chicago in the 1980s, and BTK was a sadist, but also a publicity hound.

The fact that the above killers have nicknames goes to show that terror-killers are hard to catch, and significantly, they are the type that can stop, unlike the Bundys and Dahmers with sexual compulsions.

I have further speculations, but they are way off in WAGland, so I'll keep this post short, and ask for feedback on this one idea only.

Originally posted by RivkahChaya View Post
    I've been thinking about JTR's motive; I know most people assume it was somehow sexual, but the fact is that he spent a realy short time with each body, and from what we can tell, too little time with each victim prior to her death to have engaged in psychological torture (MJK excepted).

I noticed something looking at a timeline, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that there was never another murder until after the inquest and burial of the previous victim. (Double event excepted, but I'm in the "not Stride" school, myself.) It could be a coincidence, but to me it suggests that JTR enjoyed the aftermath more than the actual murder. Everyone acknowledges that even in an area where murder happened, the JTR killings were special, and London was in a grip of terror. Maybe that was the whole idea.

It isn't unheard of. Zodiac made it clear that was his purpose, and it seems to have been the Axeman of New Orleans' purpose. It was likely the purpose of the Tylenol killer of Chicago in the 1980s, and BTK was a sadist, but also a publicity hound.

The fact that the above killers have nicknames goes to show that terror-killers are hard to catch, and significantly, they are the type that can stop, unlike the Bundys and Dahmers with sexual compulsions.

I have further speculations, but they are way off in WAGland, so I'll keep this post short, and ask for feedback on this one idea only.
    It might have been a secondary motive, but I think the extent of the post mortem mutlations make it rather obvious what the primary motivation was. This was an individual who was fascinated by what the knife could do to a female body and i am that there was a sexual aspect. god knows what he did with the organs one he got somewhere private. I would even go so far to say that long before he started killing he masturbated while fantasizing about cutting women up.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

If our killer had very low self esteem can you imagine the thrill he must have got by becoming the most famous person in England even possibly the world.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
        If our killer had very low self esteem can you imagine the thrill he must have got by becoming the most famous person in England even possibly the world.
        Aye, all the really famous people are lunatics. Hitler, Jack, Stalin, Pol Pot, him from Simon and Garfunkel (both of them, probably).

Says a lot about us that no one should come to us for a mad dictator because we've nothing to offer, but if you want a top notch killer, unrivalled across the world, then we'll deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
          Aye, all the really famous people are lunatics. Hitler, Jack, Stalin, Pol Pot, him from Simon and Garfunkel (both of them, probably).

Says a lot about us that no one should come to us for a mad dictator because we've nothing to offer, but if you want a top notch killer, unrivalled across the world, then we'll deliver.
          We do seem to produce a better quality of physcopaths than most.
          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

I was gonna say we have our fair share, when it occurred to me they were all WASPy types.

Comment

I would put Jack in a category you might call Spectacular Crimes. That's a category unto itself and includes all Terrorist acts.

As pinkmoon points out, Jack, as a possible Spectacle Killer, would be subject to greater feelings of inferiority compared to those who kill without drawing wide, public attention to their crimes. The latter have no need for publicity even though they may eventually get it as their tally rises and the hunt heats up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post

Oh you've had some mad dictator types. But I grant you it's been awhile.
                The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                  In the same vein, how furious must the torso killer have been?

What the torso killer accomplished was, from a technical perspective, far superior to the Ripper's amateurish street hack jobs. Yet, today everybody knows about Jack the Ripper and only a few weirdos on the internet discuss the torso killer.

Comment

Working...
                  X