Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lynn,

Originally posted by Lynn Cates
    Are you saying that the "Saucy Jacky" could not have been written AFTER Schwartz's story was in print?
    The postcard was postmarked on the 1st, therefore processed sometime during that day and delivered. The Star was an evening paper not available until that time. Still it would not be difficult for the writer of the postcard to imagine 'squealed a bit' in his reference to the first murder. Most people in the area on Sunday knew that the first victim had not been mutilated and 'squealed a bit' is just about as good a reason as any to abandon a murder scene if fabricating an excuse. And, as I'm sure you know, Lloyds had already scooped and printed about the murders on Sunday (something a weekly rarely gets to accomplish, but they had a reporter at Mitre Square) giving some basic details about both murders.

Originally posted by Lynn Cates
    That other letter you refer to--is that the "Moab and Midian" business?
    Yes, that's the one. Bulling told Williamson that all three were in the same handwriting, but sent the actual envelope ( with its handwriting) and evidently sent only a transcript of the letter contained in it. The Police didn't post facsimiles of the third letter; maybe waiting for the results promised that never materialized. After receiving that last letter, they probably regretted posting the first two.
    Last edited by Hunter; 02-12-2012, 01:26 AM.
    Best Wishes,
    Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Moab and Midian

Hello Chris. Thanks.

Yes, the "Moab and Midian" was merely a transcription. So far as I know, the original was never produced. The cover letter was signed by Thomas Bulling. The cover letter for "Dear Boss" was unsigned BUT the hand matches the hand of the "Moab and Midian" cover letter. I think that is why it is thought that Bulling wrote the "Dear Boss" cover.

The content of the "Moab and Midian" is odd indeed. It seems that the emphasis is on the vocation of the women who were killed in the "Double Event."

Why?

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Hello all,

Because I am getting on a bit, and because I am getting lazier by the day, and having read Rip 124 timeline, can someone please tell me where the reference to the original Dear Boss letter having noticed to have "gone missing" from the files in 1928 comes from?

Many thanks

kindly

Phil
        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
        Accountability? ....

Comment

Working...
        X