Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Kosminski still the best suspect we have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TomTomKent View Post

And if there is information we don't know? Can't know? Wont know? Hell yes! That is important. That is exciting. That is a pretty wonderful thing to know about the source.

I can think of nothing more terrible than the idea that we know enough to stop being excited or interested in something just because it does not point directly to proof positive of any given suspect.
    Pretty much my viewpoint...I recall one author writing he didn't understand why people researched the victims ancestry because it had no bearing on who the killer was......It's a huge subject with different facets for different people.......

Comment

• What actual evidence is there against Kosminski? Because I can't find any.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        So is everyone on the same page that Anderson's "poor Polish Jew" was conclusively Kosminski, and we can dismiss Fido's 'David Cohen' theory?
        Originally posted by Steve S View Post
        I think that is the present consensus
        I think that there are people who have doubts about it being Aaron Kozminski
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
          You are wrong, Harry is right what Anderson or Swanson later said about what happened outside of their presence is hearsay,
          It would be if they were not actually present. Do we know that they weren't?
          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
            Incidentally I am eighty seven(87) years old today,16-11-1927)Cannot prove it here ,it is just a claim,partly hearsay, as I have no recollection of being born,and those others present have passed on.However, the large amount of documentation that exists,plus a few persons of long standing who can bear witness,and whose integrity is beyond reproach,leads me to the belief that I can justly claim that age, historically at least. Cheers.
            You probably have a certificate to prove it though, Harry. Happy Birthday!

Comment

• Historical records are only of use if they can be proven to be totally accurate and totally reliable.
              Trevor, this simply cannot be right because it would mean that a document which was only partially accurate and partially reliable was worthless. The UK Census Records, for example, are only partially accurate but they remain an invaluable research tool.

Comment

• Article in the Jewish Forward on Kozminski. I was interviewed for this...

Was Jack the Ripper, one of the most notorious murderers of all time, and the subject of more than 125 years of ongoing investigations into his identity, Jewish? This allegation, as old as the crimes themselves, was given new life with the publication in September of Russell Edwards’s book “Naming Jack the Ripper,” the latest...

Rob H

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                  Trevor, this simply cannot be right because it would mean that a document which was only partially accurate and partially reliable was worthless. The UK Census Records, for example, are only partially accurate but they remain an invaluable research tool.
                  In some cases they do, but not in others we may know where someone was living in the 1881 census but that doesn't mean that seven years later they were still at the same address.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                    It would be if they were not actually present. Do we know that they weren't?
                    We dont but as has been suggested by others I think it is highly unlikely and the example I gave was simply a hypothetical one, but one, which is probably correct.

Comment

In some cases they do, but not in others we may know where someone was living in the 1881 census but that doesn't mean that seven years later they were still at the same address.
                      Nobody in their right mind would expect the 1881 Census to tell us where somebody was living in 1888.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                        Nobody in their right mind would expect the 1881 Census to tell us where somebody was living in 1888.
                        Well you got that right, now perhaps you should pass it on to those who use old addresses of suspects to show they resided near to the murder scenes or that they had a long lost aunt who did.

Comment

Well you got that right, now perhaps you should pass it on to those who use old addresses of suspects to show they resided near to the murder scenes or that they had a long lost aunt who did.
                          Who did this, may I ask?

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                            What actual evidence is there against Kosminski? Because I can't find any.
                            Hello John,

Nailed in one. There isn't any.

best regards

Phil
                            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                            Accountability? ....

Comment

If I find somebody doing that I will be pleased to do so on your behalf, Trevor. But that would be somebody misusing a source, a point you did not make.

You wrote, 'Historical records are only of use if they can be proven to be totally accurate and totally reliable.

Bridewell replied, 'Trevor, this simply cannot be right because it would mean that a document which was only partially accurate and partially reliable was worthless. The UK Census Records, for example, are only partially accurate but they remain an invaluable research tool.'

You wrote, 'In some cases they do, but not in others we may know where someone was living in the 1881 census but that doesn't mean that seven years later they were still at the same address.'

But Bridewell never mentioned anything about misusing sources. He was stating that even partially inaccurate source remain valuable research material, something you had indicated could not be the case. I would like to see you support your contention, not throw up something irrelevant.

Comment

• Given the pains the police went to in order to quell the threat of racist riots: destroying vital evidence, saying they'd caught Leather Apron when they hadn't, etc. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that if the Ripper, or rather the main suspect, turned out to be a Jew, they would've agreed to compromise and let him be carted off to asylum where he was no harm to anyone anymore, rather than go public with a Jewish suspect. Only after that when the killings had stopped and the panic had subsided, did Anderson feel at liberty to divulge the Ripper's real 'identity' and save face.

Comment

Working...
                                X