Klitschko vs Carnera Fantasy Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GUT View Post
    But note I want George II comeback George if you will.
    Foreman II have Holyfield (at his best) all he could handle....and KO'd an underrated champ in Michael Moore....I think the Foreman Tyson matchup would be very much like the Moore fight....Tyson winning easy but gets caught eventually....and George at any age had 1 punch KO power....Tyson would have a better chance (but not a good one) against the younger Foreman, who didn't fight as smart, just relied on his power...but then again his size would have been to much for Tyson....ya know come to think of it Tyson Vs. Marciano would be a hell of a fight!!!

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

As for Robinson....sorry, he was great....but I dont think ANYONE beats a prime Whitaker.....not Robinson, not Mayweather, not anyone ( and no...I don't think De La Hoya beat him....Pernell was robbed)...he (Whitaker) was just too damn good a defensive fighter...may not have been exciting, but he was a master....if only he could have fought Willie Pep at a catch weight.....maybe the only better defensive fighter ever.....RJ in his prime was the most gifted fighter I ever saw.....Leonard was so damn smart he may have frustrated Robinson.....and Hopkins would have made it an ugly dirty fight...and may even get DQ'd....Hagler is hard.....he was so damn good and tough...but I agree Robinsons speed may have been too much.....De La Hoya was great.....and as a lightweight I feel he was unbeatable ( except maybe by a prime Duran) but at welter I give Robinson the edge....Chavez....yikes....that's a pick em fight for me.....that could be a "who ever is the home town boy" decision.....but I wouldn't miss any of them!!

Steadmund Brand
      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
        Foreman II have Holyfield (at his best) all he could handle....and KO'd an underrated champ in Michael Moore....I think the Foreman Tyson matchup would be very much like the Moore fight....Tyson winning easy but gets caught eventually....and George at any age had 1 punch KO power....Tyson would have a better chance (but not a good one) against the younger Foreman, who didn't fight as smart, just relied on his power...but then again his size would have been to much for Tyson....ya know come to think of it Tyson Vs. Marciano would be a hell of a fight!!!

Steadmund Brand
        Best one punch I've ever seen.

And agree he fought smarter at the end, in fact I don't think "Rope a Dope" would have worked against George II.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by dantheman View Post
          Maybe but still makes for an interesting fight, imo.

-Dan
          I agree with you on that.

Comment

Pure Aussie one...

Fenech v Rose.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Steadmund Brand
              I have to disagree with how you see this playing out. When did you ever see Tyson winning easily before getting caught? Probably never. Tyson dominating easily = an almost certain KO victory for Tyson. Which is not to call the fight a guaranteed Tyson win, but if Tyson gets beat it is after a fairly even fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
                I have to disagree with how you see this playing out. When did you ever see Tyson winning easily before getting caught? Probably never. Tyson dominating easily = an almost certain KO victory for Tyson. Which is not to call the fight a guaranteed Tyson win, but if Tyson gets beat it is after a fairly even fight.
                To answer your question....never, BUT, I never saw Moore do that either, other than against George, same goes for many fighters in his path on the comeback....it's almost like it was his plan....look slow and old and plodding, give them a false sense of confidence and then BOOM....if Foreman could survive Tyson's early round power I really think that's how it would have played out.....that's why this is fun...it's all opinion...

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Pure Aussie one...

Fenech v Rose.
                  Oh Fenech hands down......however.....he may have not done so well against an adopted Aussie named Kostya Tszyu!!!!!

Steadmund Brand

Comment

De La Hoya was great.....and as a lightweight I feel he was unbeatable
                    He did look unbeatable at lightweight but how do you see prime Chavez vs De La Hoya at lightweight?

-Dan

Comment

He did look unbeatable at lightweight but how do you see prime Chavez vs De La Hoya at lightweight?

-Dan
                      I like Oscar.. his long beautiful jab (he was huge for a lightweight... close to 6 feet.. with a great reach) could have kept Chavez off balance... and he was smart and disciplined enough not to let his guard down.. Chavez would need to swing for the fences at some point and Oscar would see the opening and night night....(De La Hoya's power at lightweight was scary)

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Oh Fenech hands down......however.....he may have not done so well against an adopted Aussie named Kostya Tszyu!!!!!

Steadmund Brand
                        Good fighter Kostya, but I still remember Lionel v Fighting Harada and not so sure Jeff would get it that easy. Lionel had quicker hands than Jeffrey.
                        G U T

Comment

Good fighter Kostya
                          He was, I was suprised when Hatton beat him. I think Tszyu may have got him if they rematched.

-Dan

Comment

He was, I was suprised when Hatton beat him. I think Tszyu may have got him if they rematched.

-Dan
                            Heard Johnny Lewis talk once about Kostya's first pro fight (Hiles)

Before the fight Johnny says "I'll be happy if you win the first round".

Tszyu destroys him in first round.

After fight "Mr Johnny,,,,, why I have to knock him out first round, I thought few rounds would be good, but I do what you say."
                            G U T

Comment

I love that story GUT!!!!

Tszyu was something special.....when he knocked out Zab Judah (twice with one punch!!!) is one of my favorite all time knockouts.

Steadmund Brand

Comment

I love that story GUT!!!!

Tszyu was something special.....when he knocked out Zab Judah (twice with one punch!!!) is one of my favorite all time knockouts.

Steadmund Brand
                                Johnny swears it's true.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X