Charles Allen Lechmere - new suspect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierre, everything you say is false.

A motiveless sex crime is a motiveless sex crime regardless of whether it is historical or contemporary, current or cold. Your standard gibberish about sources and historical method is just your usual dismal obfuscation.

If a man commits murders in 1888 for no reason other than his personal sexual deviancy, no historian (not even a real one, let alone a pretend one like you) is going to discover an all-encompassing motive.

Regarding your entirely bogus reasons for withholding your suspect, here is something you might find useful:

"The mineral pyrite, or iron pyrite, also known as fool's gold, is an iron sulfide with the chemical formula FeS2. This mineral's metallic luster and pale brass-yellow hue give it a superficial resemblance to gold, hence the well-known nickname of fool's gold."

Your suspect is going to be laughable and your theory refuted thoroughly within a week. Good luck, charlatan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbo View Post
      True but ties to the routes (mother's home, work etc) don't place him there at the time of the murders. He may have taken each of these routes on the days of the murder or he may have been diverted by conditions of weather, employers etc. The routes support the possibility of his involvement but they are not helpful unless you can prove he took those routes on those days at the estimated times of the murders. Since we can't prove that, they are only coincidental at this point.

The routes are a tenuous tie between Lechmere and the murders. You have to show he took those routes as described above.

You'll never be able to do that so we need to know more about the man himself. that's the only way to solidify him as the most likely candidate.

Columbo
      Double posting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        the vitriol and personal attacks coming from the other side is quite a shame too, and there is more off it.
        Abby indeed, I would however dispute there is more, to me it looks about the same..

None of it achieves anything, other than to upset people

steve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
          I have all the items in the fulfilled list and still I am not finished:

1. Time periods for starting, stopping, starting again and finally stopping.

2. A clear motive distinctly connected to these points in time.

3. A clear motive connected to the choice of murder dates.

4. Sources indicating that he was at the crime scenes.

5. Sources showing he had the skills to do what the killer did.

6. Historical sources explaining why he was not caught.

7. Historical sources explaining why the sources giving his motive, time periods, skills, and so on and so forth, exist.

8. Historical sources explaining the unexplained sources in the case.

9. It has to shed light on everything.

Regards, Pierre

As i indeed predicted you would say.

steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
            Double posting.
            What does that mean?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pierre;399007]
              Originally posted by Columbo View Post

Hi Columbo,

radically different methods are ruling this case. It is a cold case from 1888-1889. Therefore it is an historical case. We use historical methods and historical sources.

There is no conviction.

Those are not the object for research here. There could be thousands of such crimes through time and today. We have one single historical case here. It calls for using idiographical methods.

Motivations do not make a serial killer. Serial killing does. But an historically well established and relevant motive is historically needed if you write history.

I think that all these items are required if you want to make an historical case. Otherwise your case will be very weak.

I have all the items in the fulfilled list and still I am not finished:

1. Time periods for starting, stopping, starting again and finally stopping.

2. A clear motive distinctly connected to these points in time.

3. A clear motive connected to the choice of murder dates.

4. Sources indicating that he was at the crime scenes.

5. Sources showing he had the skills to do what the killer did.

6. Historical sources explaining why he was not caught.

7. Historical sources explaining why the sources giving his motive, time periods, skills, and so on and so forth, exist.

8. Historical sources explaining the unexplained sources in the case.

9. It has to shed light on everything.

Regards, Pierre
              Sorry Pierre, I'm not able to accept your last list without proof.

Columbo

Comment

• [QUOTE=Columbo;399033]
                Originally posted by Pierre View Post

Columbo
                Columbo

I think that will apply to the majority of those on here.

And as I said he will not give details, and we are now, for a while at least , off the moral issue it seems, and on the I want to give the whole picture argument.

Pierre, don't worry that is not an attempt at a quote, just a summary.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbo View Post
                  What does that mean?
                  That I answered a post I had already answered before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                    That I answered a post I had already answered before.
                    thanks, I wasn't sure. I've seen it before but didn't know.

Columbo

Comment

• [QUOTE=Columbo;399033]
                      Originally posted by Pierre View Post

Columbo
                      Of course, and you shouldn´t accept anything without evidence.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pierre;399075]
                        Originally posted by Columbo View Post

Of course, and you shouldn´t accept anything without evidence.

Regards, Pierre
                        That's funny on a Lechmere thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                          A motiveless sex crime is a motiveless sex crime regardless of whether it is historical or contemporary, current or cold.
                          There is no such thing as a motiveless crime, Henry. The motivation might be trivial, abstruse or even bizarre, but it's always there somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                            As i indeed predicted you would say.

steve
                            and all metaphorical of course
                            "Is all that we see or seem
                            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Garry Wroe View Post
                              There is no such thing as a motiveless crime, Henry. The motivation might be trivial, abstruse or even bizarre, but it's always there somewhere.
                              Yeah, thanks Garry. In the context of the discussion between Pi-error, Columbo and myself it shouldn't be too hard to make out what I actually meant.

In case it Is too hard for you, here we go. A crime that is sexual, that is based on the fulfilment of disordered sex drive, as many serial murders are, will not have a traditional motive that can explain times, dates, locations, everything - as Pierre claims his motive does. This is the stuff of melodrama and movies, not real life lust murders.

Of course there is a motive to all crimes. But a motive that is purely the satisfaction of something buried in the individual psyche will not function the way Pierre's melodramatic theory would want it to.

Comment

• Dear Trevor,

While we are answering questions related to the heart in another thread

I remembered you had STILL not given any response to the following.:

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                                Round 2

A master butcher gave his opinion in relation the suggestion that a butcher could have been the killer

Yes you have merely repeated what you said yesterday.

The same questions still apply.

Why only one asked?

What did he say?

Who was he?

A link to the published or videoed opinion

Just saying someone has said something, is simply not good enough for adults.

So perhaps you could find time to give the answer requested several times now.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X