Name who you think it was,please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Adam

I tend to go from theory to theory. I was onto Charles Cross a few weeks back

The problem that always arises when I think of Cross as a suspect is that when Paul touched her hands and face they were cold, meaning she had been dead for at least ten minutes.

. My most recent theory was an expert abdominal surgeon at the London Hospital named Frederick Treves. He was an expert dissector who operated neatly and quickly,

He was also the surgeon who "adopted" Joseph Merrick at the Hospital.

Comment

whenever i read a book about JTR, i always think. "yep, this is definately it" ... until i read the next one

(take the PCs Sickert out of that tho!!)

i remember this same question on the older boards, and i said then... i really hope it is one of the named suspects. Its horrible to think that all these men (and woman) have had their names sullied by the JTR mystery and the real culprit isnt among them..

Comment

He was also the surgeon who "adopted" Joseph Merrick at the Hospital
        Yes I was just reading about all that Jon. Very interesting to read. As with all my theories, they certainly get off to a wrong start! Dr Treves may fit the description of the murderer, be an expert abdominal surgeon with skills in dissecting, live in Whitechapel but that doesn't make him a serial killer, nor does it give him a motive. The only thing a little "off" about him was that he had dreams of himself performing surgery on his own daughter and killing her...... Apparently it was a recurring nightmare. Still doesn't make him a murderer though!

Regards

Adam
        Best regards,
        Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Lucan View Post
          My summation is...someone never named as a suspect, though probably was interviewed at the time but flew under the police radar. Local man, knew the area, knew the women, crafty and sly. Probably died or was arrested for a none related crime soon after the murders. Went to his grave taking his secret with him.
          Pretty much what I think, and sorry that it doesn't have a name attached for you...

Of named suspects, my favourite is Monty Druitt. Not because I actually think that he was JtR (I don't), but because I just happen to like old Monty-Darling.
          ~ Khanada

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I run and hide until it goes away.

Comment

If I have to pick a named suspect, I would probably go for Hyam Hyams but even that is a big problem for me because I don't believe the Ripper stopped after the canon 5.

Kind regards

Adam
            Best regards,
            Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Keep 'em coming

Thanks everyone so far for the replies but there must be more, look at the members we have!!
              My theory is Barnett.Wanted to keep MJK off the streets and keep her for himself so killed the other 4, when this failed had a blazing row and left her,thenG Hutchinson who also was in love with MJK was furious at her and the geezzer with the red handkerchief for laughing at him after she had offered herself to him and he had said he had no money could he have a freebie and she turned him down and took the other punter into no 13.GH waited for him to leave crept into no13 and in a violent temper cut her to bits and hoped that JTR(Barnett)would get the blame.
              Case solved
              Steve
              Steve

Comment

A Royal conspiracy involving Bertie the Prince of Wales , Dr Gull , J.K. Stephen , Lord Randolph Churchill and Monty Druitt !

Personally I quite like John Wilding's explanation of the case at the moment. One of Wilding's theories is that the GS Grafitti wasn't written on the jamb of the archway but in giant letters on the wall inside the entrance ( a bit like in ' Murder by Decree ' ). He thinks Warren lied about the grafitti because he recognised the ' schoolboy hand ' or the message meant something to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve F View Post
                  Thanks everyone so far for the replies but there must be more, look at the members we have!!
                  Even if all 770 registered members picked a different suspect each, that would still leave something in the region of 45,000 other adult males unaccounted for. And that only applies if we don't stray too far away from Spitalfields, and limit our list to those men betwen the ages of 23 and 43!
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                    "But could have been anybody."

Hard to argue with that.

c.d.
                    Yes.. Well.. We dont have a sure shot Motive. If there were signs of sexual activity then He is probably a nobody who most likely fits most of the things listed in the FBI Profile. You could be 99.99% assured JTR was a local nobody.

But with no clearly defined Motive we must explore other areas. Profit/Political/Ect.

He is probably a guy who kept himself under the Radar. Probably not even named yet or ever.

Comment

Well, why would you have to look any further than Henry DeFries, the 38 year-old sponge warehouseman on Gravel Lane?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                        Even if all 770 registered members picked a different suspect each, that would still leave something in the region of 45,000 other adult males unaccounted for. And that only applies if we don't stray too far away from Spitalfields, and limit our list to those men betwen the ages of 23 and 43!
                        Oi Sam!Stop spoiling the fun!
                        Steve
                        Steve

Comment

...or E Dunnett, of 4 John Street, Spitalfields.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Nah, Sam,

It was PC Plod of Letsby Avenue, Whitechapel.

Regards,

Simon
                            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Wrong address Sam it was Letsbe Avenue
                              Steve
                              Steve

Comment

Until anyone can show that Druitt was on the list merely cos he committed suicide,or because macnaughton was a muppet.... monty must be the most likely, no evidence to be sure apart from macnaughtons notes...but then there is no evidence against anyone else either..just supposition.

Comment

Working...
                                X