Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: Lechmere was Jack the Ripper - by Abby Normal 1 hour and 12 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: Lechmere was Jack the Ripper - by Herlock Sholmes 1 hour and 25 minutes ago.
Torso Killings: torso maps - by Abby Normal 1 hour and 27 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: Lechmere was Jack the Ripper - by Sam Flynn 2 hours ago.
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - by Graham 3 hours ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: Lechmere was Jack the Ripper - by Joshua Rogan 3 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - (7 posts)
Torso Killings: torso maps - (7 posts)
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: Lechmere was Jack the Ripper - (7 posts)
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - (3 posts)
Witnesses: Sarah and Maurice Lewis - (3 posts)
Maybrick, James: One Incontrovertible, Unequivocal, Undeniable Fact Which Refutes the Diary - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Letters and Communications > Goulston Street Graffito

View Poll Results: Did Jack write the GSG?
YES 78 39.39%
NO 120 60.61%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2017, 07:45 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
Once again, just insults.

How truly astonishingly predictable.

Steve
You dont even have a sense of humour

But all joking aside, I accept you have your own views on the various parts of this mystery we have discussed, and you are fully entitled to scrutinise what is posted on here, the same as I am entitled to scrutinise what you seek to rely on as far as the old accepted theories. We have clearly reached an impasse.

You have your future agenda mapped out, as have I, perhaps we should both wait until we have concluded the tasks we have set ourselves and then discuss the issues in dispute again in more detail.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:51 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
You dont even have a sense of humour

But all joking aside, I accept you have your own views on the various parts of this mystery we have discussed, and you are fully entitled to scrutinise what is posted on here, the same as I am entitled to scrutinise what you seek to rely on as far as the old accepted theories. We have clearly reached an impasse.

You have your future agenda mapped out, as have I, perhaps we should both wait until we have concluded the tasks we have set ourselves and then discuss the issues in dispute again in more detail.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Trevor
Humour often fails with the written word, however I have no issue with waiting til a later date.

I am hoping to complete Bucks Row in the next couple of months. Mitre square will be next year but I am considering doing the witness statements (sources) first this time.

Steve
Old 09-26-2017, 07:56 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Trevor
Humour often fails with the written word, however I have no issue with waiting til a later date.

I am hoping to complete Bucks Row in the next couple of months. Mitre square will be next year but I am considering doing the witness statements (sources) first this time.

Steve
Well I have a feeling with what i know already, we are going to be in conflict again ! but the truth is out there to be found. you just have to look in the right places

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Old 09-26-2017, 08:51 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Well I have a feeling with what i know already, we are going to be in conflict again ! but the truth is out there to be found. you just have to look in the right places

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Until you change your approach nothing is more certain

STEVE
Old 09-26-2017, 08:56 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Until you change your approach nothing is more certain

STEVE
You know that isn't going to happen, why fix something that isn't broken? You can strengthen it and make it stronger though

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Old 09-26-2017, 09:10 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
You know that isn't going to happen, why fix something that isn't broken? You can strengthen it and make it stronger though

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Oh dear, your methods are broken, your results are therefore invalid.

Steve
Old 09-26-2017, 11:09 AM
Assistant Commissioner

Quote:
I do not have no the time or the inclination to go back over all the posts on this thread. But he is one of several who have made things up to fit, and to counter an argument and I have no intention of withdrawing what I said because he know its true, and it has been pointed out to him. but he still keeps doing it.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Not good enough, Trevor. You've made a specific allegation that another poster has made things up. You can either back that allegation up or withdraw it. Either that or the original post gets reported.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:15 AM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridewell View Post
Now that's interesting. Why did he choose to kiss the Holy Book?
According to the PMG the jury were asked to do this when being sworn in, so perhaps Barnett, being the first witness, was just following their lead?

PMG 12th Nov;
"Each kiss the book and pass it round, gentlemen please," cried the officer again"
Old 09-26-2017, 11:19 AM
Assistant Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
According to the PMG the jury were asked to do this when being sworn in, so perhaps Barnett, being the first witness, was just following their lead?

PMG 12th Nov;
"Each kiss the book and pass it round, gentlemen please," cried the officer again"
Thanks for clarifying, Joshua.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:45 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
[/b]
The so called flaws have been looked at and the majority exist only to you, why is that one asks?
Could it be due to the need to push these “new ideas” as you so quaintly call them

[/b]
To achieve what precisely Trevor?
And just to say something is doubtful does not make it so, I refer you again to Erich Anton Paul von Daniken, he along with others of his kind take the very same approach.

Yet you do not accept Biggs when he tells you the intestines are unlikely to fly out, or when he says the organs could have been removed in Mitre Square, its classic “Cherry Picking”, accept what fits the idea you have and reject what does not, that is not how history and science in general work.

If one wishes to challenge accepted ideas the onus is on the challenger to defend the new view.

Again its the Ancient Aliens approach,: “you can’t prove how the pyramids were built, so alien help is probably”

You have not proven such at all, you have made a suggestion, that is all.
You cannot claim you have proven something just because you believe your view is correct, you need to well…. Actually prove it, with evidence. You have not!

The same approach time after time, “you cant prove” and “it does not actually say it made a whole apron so it didn't”
That is not a scientific and unbiased approach, it is one of desperation to fit the sources to a specific argument.

They are called sources Trevor, and to refuse to use them in preference to what appears to be some supernatural insight is utterly perposterous and somewhat comical.

You have NOT shown THEY COULD NOT BE, you have given an argument that they may not have been.

However you have not proved such, and are a great distance from making such a suggestion even plausabile.

The negative approach again, just because he does not say something specifically you cannot assume such happened. You need more than mere absence.

See above, however in the Nichols case the Mortuary was locked when no one was in attendence so one needs to see if the same was the general rule.

Can you show such was allowed in the case of Murder Victims before PM, thus interfering with a murder inquiry?
And you have singularly failed to explain what these organs, some damaged would be used for?
I suspect this is because you have no idea, and just find the term Medical Research convenient to hide behind.

Most specimens for Medical research would be supplied by the institution the researcher was attached to, you seem to see them rushing to the Mortuary every time there was a murder, its the stuff of fiction Trevor!

What you suggest is the equivalent of a case being taken to court with no evidence, just hearsay or what may have happened
Pure unsupported speculation, not a single source to back it up.

That is not so,the Nichols killer was in all probability disturbed, however recent assessments of her wounds suggest very strongly she was ready to have organs removed, even Christer and I agree on that.
In Addition Tom Wescott in his latest book has suggested that organs may have been taken, this is another new theory, but like yours it is unsupported and unprovable at this stage. Should we accept it, just because he causes some doubt on the matter.

That is the point is it not “IF”.
The majority of researchers believe that organs were taken from Kelly, your contrary view of that is not proof, just an alternative idea, again used to push a predetermined theory.

So in the end its all about selling the story to the public who generally are not well versed in the subject,
The suggestion that actual evidence is not required is shameful and once again I can only think of “Ancient Aliens” and von Daniken.

Actually people would listen if you put forward a supported argument, you seldom do.

The normal retreat,

Steve

Nicely countered Steve.
Mr Marriott could learn a great deal from these exchanges if he were not so blind to the helpful opinions of others.