Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack and the Thames Torso Murders: A New Ripper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    Good thinking! Why wait to see how such a thing is built under? No, just decide that regardless of the evidence, it MUST be wrong if Lechmere is pointed out as the killer.

Itīs always nice to see an application of unbiased and clear thinking.
    He was a witness. Nothing you've said changes that. You have no evidence whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
      He was a witness. Nothing you've said changes that. You have no evidence whatsoever.
      I canīt even remember having tried to claim he was not a witness...? In fact, I have never seen anybody at all claim he was not. You may have gotten that wrong, John.

Comment

I canīt even remember having tried to claim he was not a witness...? In fact, I have never seen anybody at all claim he was not. You may have gotten that wrong, John.
        Yes but you've attempted to turn Lechmere into a suspect.

Comment

Yes but you've attempted to turn Lechmere into a suspect.
          No, John - he did that by himself. And he not only attempted it, he succeeded to do so. Today, he is a very common suspect among students of the case. It seems your misgivings is something he has managed to steer past.

Goodnight.

Comment

No, John - he did that by himself. And he not only attempted it, he succeeded to do so. Today, he is a very common suspect among students of the case. It seems your misgivings is something he has managed to steer past.

Goodnight.
            No you are wrong he's still a witness and a crap suspect by anyone who knows what there talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
              Thanks El

so I take it Eds book will be that the torso murders and ripper murders were by the same man who is lech?
              Abby,

I believe so, and I suspect there may be a few other victims thrown in for good measure.

Gary

Comment

No you are wrong he's still a witness and a crap suspect by anyone who knows what there talking about.
                Well, if we are going to set a standard that requires posters who know what they are talking about, I believe his foremost critic just left the debate. Happy days!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                  Abby,

I believe so, and I suspect there may be a few other victims thrown in for good measure.

Gary
                  Thanks gary
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Well, if we are going to set a standard that requires posters who know what they are talking about, I believe his foremost critic just left the debate. Happy days!
                    All you have is a crackpot theory.

Comment

Today, he is a very common suspect among students of the case. It seems your misgivings is something he has managed to steer past.
                      Most of the other suspects have been exhausted to death. Lechmere, on the other hand, is a relatively new name. Lechmere admittedly has more legs than some of the other names put forward down the years, if only by dint of being in Buck's Row that morning. I still think there's a lot more work to be done before anyone could consider him a legitimate suspect. 'Person of interest' maybe. More to the point, one of the marks against Lechmere is the fact that the second murder occurred while the Nichols' inquest was still ongoing. That would point to someone who wasn't on the police radar, and Lechmere wasn't to know that the police weren't keeping tabs on his movements.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                        Most of the other suspects have been exhausted to death. Lechmere, on the other hand, is a relatively new name. Lechmere admittedly has more legs than some of the other names put forward down the years, if only by dint of being in Buck's Row that morning. I still think there's a lot more work to be done before anyone could consider him a legitimate suspect. 'Person of interest' maybe. More to the point, one of the marks against Lechmere is the fact that the second murder occurred while the Nichols' inquest was still ongoing. That would point to someone who wasn't on the police radar, and Lechmere wasn't to know that the police weren't keeping tabs on his movements.
                        Frankly I think your overestimating Lechmere as a suspect.

Comment

Goodnight.

Ah, not entirely true on either count.
                          He did not make himself a suspect at all, all he did was give a name at The inquest, which he was not baptised under, but which he had been officially and legally registered under at least once.
                          It is modern day researchers whom have promoted him to suspect, that is very simple and very clear. To suggest otherwise is simply to ignore the facts of how the argument for him has developed.

A very common suspect amount students of the case.?
                          Well yes if we count those who are new to the case or have only watched the misleading, but highly well made documentary.

If we want to say he is commonly spoken about that is true, but the vast majority do not consider him a top suspect at all, indeed many see him purely as a witness.
                          If we are going to look at those who seriously believe he may be the killer, i wonder if two hands are required to count.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                            Ah, not entirely true on either count.
                            He did not make himself a suspect at all, all he did was give a name at The inquest, which he was not baptised under, but which he had been officially and legally registered under at least once.
                            It is modern day researchers whom have promoted him to suspect, that is very simple and very clear. To suggest otherwise is simply to ignore the facts of how the argument for him has developed.

A very common suspect amount students of the case.?
                            Well yes if we count those who are new to the case or have only watched the misleading, but highly well made documentary.

If we want to say he is commonly spoken about that is true, but the vast majority do not consider him a top suspect at all, indeed many see him purely as a witness.
                            If we are going to look at those who seriously believe he may be the killer, i wonder if two hands are required to count.

Steve
                            You "forgot" that he disagreed with the police. That certainly helped make him a suspect. For starters.

You also "forgot" that many of the ones positive to the idea of him as the killer are people who have studied the case for decades, not only seen the docu. They watched it with a lot of background knowledge, they did not have your bias and they nevertheless fill many a hand.

So you were not only not entirely correct on both counts yourself, you were in fact entirely wrong and misleading. And that is all you will hear from me today, I do not have the inclination to engage in twelve hours of porridge-wading by your side.

Comment

You "forgot" that he disagreed with the police. That certainly helped make him a suspect. For starters.
                              Let's be accurate here, he disagreed with one police officer, not the POLICE, it seems that the POLICE on the whole accepted his version of events, supported by the Police reports.

You also "forgot" that many of the ones positive to the idea of him as the killer are people who have studied the case for decades, not only seen the docu. They watched it with a lot of background knowledge, they did not have your bias and they nevertheless fill many a hand.
                              Really?

Are you really claiming there are many who have studied the subject in depth, who consider Lechmere a particularly strong suspect?
                              Not just a viable suspect, that is he cannot be ruled out, like many others, but a strong suspect, likely to be in most people's top 2 or 3?

I know very few who would go that far, many sensibly will say he cannot be ruled out, but that is very different.
                              My bias has you call it, it simply that I do not think he is particularly strong based on the evidence.

So you were not only not entirely correct on both counts yourself, you were in fact entirely wrong and misleading. And that is all you will hear from me today, I do not have the inclination to engage in twelve hours of porridge-wading by your side.
                              Not at all, totally correct on both points..

Just repeating the mantra, that Lechmere is the strongest suspect, does not make him so.
                              Just repeating that many believe he is a strong suspect, does not, I am afraid mean that many do believe that.

The response is what I have come to expect.

Steve

Comment

This thread is about what now?

Keep to the topic in hand.

Thanks
                                Admin
                                Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Working...
                                X