This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    But it would not be very odd at all if these two killer inflicted the same types of very unusual mutilations on their victims.
    ... which they didnt.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      That has to be one of the most desperate examples of procrustean reasoning you've ever come up with, Fish.
      He has completely lost the plot

Comment

3. So do I. But I am sometimes disallowed to make the simplest of arguments without having people tell me that I should not always try to have things "my way". On other occasions, I am told that I am twisting the truth, or that I am peddling falsities - and then when I ask for evidence, it goes all silent. Or I am told that I am "overconfident" - meaning that somebody disagrees with me and is so confident that their disagreement is sound that my argument must be overconfident.

4. Of course you are opponents. But that is as it should be. And I don´t tell you what you must think

6. Some discussions are like that, others are not. Swopping the term debate for discussion may not work magic. It´d be nice if it did, though.

7. A great deal of pain? No, Curious. I am quite fine, thank you.

8. And here we go again - you are advicing me how to make a better life for myself. . . . I can more or less promise you that you will find me much more content with my life.

9. Just my answer, possibly coloured by my Swedish heritage.
        3. Methinks thou doest delude thyself. Remember, I'm a lurker, simply reading away.

4. Sorry, but I don't allow opponents into my leisure activities nor my home, which is where my Internet forum reading/participation occur. Fish, life's just too short for constant nasty wrangling -- reading it or participating.
        b. Perhaps you don't realize how your wording comes across. As a journalist, you probably find writing as effortless as breathing, and in a second language amazing! However, nuances are there that I sometimes suspect you've not yet mastered.

6. Swopping words doesn't do anything, but taking a different mental approach might. Perhaps consider you are communicating with a friend rather than an opponent.

7. As a lurker, I can tell you that is not how your posts often appear.

8. Won't ever happen again.

From Sweden to Tennessee and back with a few strokes on a keyboard -- Don't you love being alive to enjoy this technology?

Comment

Furthermore, streets whose epicentre was in a very specific part of London far removed from where the majority of the torso body parts had been dumped.
          Exactly. Surely this is, at the least, suggestive.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

There are only a limited number of ways in which a corpse can be dismembered; indeed, victims are being carved up in very much the same way today as they were prior to the Torso Murders of the late 19th Century. Unless we are to believe that a time-traveller committed all such atrocities, it is very likely that different perpetrators were involved in most, if not all, of these cases.
            Hi Sam
            But did not the doctors who were there and actually examined the bodies conclude that they where probably from the same man?

Comment

• Originally posted by curious View Post
              3. Methinks thou doest delude thyself. Remember, I'm a lurker, simply reading away.

4. Sorry, but I don't allow opponents into my leisure activities nor my home, which is where my Internet forum reading/participation occur. Fish, life's just too short for constant nasty wrangling -- reading it or participating.
              b. Perhaps you don't realize how your wording comes across. As a journalist, you probably find writing as effortless as breathing, and in a second language amazing! However, nuances are there that I sometimes suspect you've not yet mastered.

6. Swopping words doesn't do anything, but taking a different mental approach might. Perhaps consider you are communicating with a friend rather than an opponent.

From Sweden to Tennessee and back with a few strokes on a keyboard -- Don't you love being alive to enjoy this technology?
              3. Deluded? You were the one who complained about how I always wanted things my way, Curious. You are no more of a lurker than that.

4. If I don´t understand what I am saying, how does that make me the culprit?
              Then again, I think I do understand what I am saying. And I am saying that there is too much said about me as a person and too little about my thinking on the case.
              Like now. By you.

6. I´d very much like to believe I am talking to friends. But real friends do not call me deluded, that´s the problem, see.

Now, go back to your lurking and let me post as I see fit.

Comment

... which they didnt.
                Yes, they did. It is tampering with the truth to state otherwise. They both took out uteri, they both cut the abdomen open, they both took away the abdominal wall and they both cut necks.

You would no doubt personally like to believe that your suggestion that the cases may have differed in apparition or had differing incitements is not a suggestion but a fact.

It is not, however.

To state otherwise is to mislead.
                Last edited by Fisherman; 04-11-2018, 07:43 AM.

Comment

That has to be one of the most desperate examples of procrustean reasoning you've ever come up with, Fish.
                  Is it? How so.

Do we know that the police worked from the presumption that the Pinchin Street body was cut up close to where it was dumped and carried there manually? Yes, we do.

Do we know that Hebbert said that the 1887-89 torso victims were in all likelihood the work of the same killer? Yes, we do.

Is the logical assumption therefore that the bodies may all have been cut up in the same locality, namely the one where the Pinchin Street victim was cut up - close to the dumping site? Yes, it is.

Could it have been that there were more than one locality that was used? Yes, there may. But there is no evidence at all for it.

If you consider it depserate on my part, I must consider your gifts of crime interpretation less than useful. And that is putting it mildly.

It seems you are after a slanging match again. I will try to keep things as sound as possible, and it´s up to you to follow suit - or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                    That may have been what you meant to say, but what you actually said of "reasonable doubt" was "It allows courts of law to convict in cases where there is no conclusive technical evidence."

Which is nonsense.
                    It is! What I meant was that the technicality "reasonable doubt" was invented to allow for convictions in cases where the evidence would otherwise not be sufficient - by concluding that it is BEYOND reasonable doubt that the accused was also the culprit.

Sorry if I worded myself badly, Joshua.

Comment

Yes, they did. It is tampering with the truth to state otherwise. They both took out uteri, they both cut the abdomen open, they both took away the abdominal wall and they both cut necks.

You would no doubt personally like to believe that your suggestion that the cases may have differed in apparition is not a suggestion but a fact.

It is not, however.

To state otherwise is to mislead.
                      bingo fish
                      I have yet to see anyone explain why cutting an abdomen vertically helps in dismemberment, explain specifically how these could be anything than murder, or explain the bizarre dumping locations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                        He has completely lost the plot

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                        You disagree with me? Thankyou, Trevor!

Comment

• Originally posted by curious View Post

Hi Curious
                          considering the personal and belittling attacks that fish has been receiving lately, I think hes shown incredible restraint.

Comment

• Didn't the Pinchin St torso have a 15 inch abdominal wound? What was the point of that if it was just dismembered for disposal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                              Didn't the Pinchin St torso have a 15 inch abdominal wound? What was the point of that if it was just dismembered for disposal?
                              That is correct, Harry - 15 inches, covering just about the distance between sternum and pelvis.

The point is less clear since no organs were missing. I have an idea, but it is not for sale yet, I´m afraid...

Comment

That is correct, Harry - 15 inches, covering just about the distance between sternum and pelvis.

The point is less clear since no organs were missing. I have an idea, but it is not for sale yet, I´m afraid...
                                Why do some sources say that the womb was missing?

Comment

Working...
                                X