Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ripper File (based on the BBC serial)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripper File on DVD

I have heard it said that a certain someone (me) has a number of copies of this series if you would like to email me for the details.

Comment

Bob,

If they will play on the western side of the pond, I would be interested in obtaining a couple of copies.

Comment

Ripper File on DVD

Well I don't know about your DVD player but it plays on my DVD player and on my computer just fine, although having said that my computer has actually got a remote control (WTF?) for comfortable watching of DVD's.

I remember when computers were just for playing casette tapes and using MSDOS!

Please contact me by email for more information.

Comment

Hi Bob,

I think Grave Maurice wants to know whether they are ntsc or pal.

Rob

Comment

Hello Bob,

Have done exactly that. Many thanks

best wishes

Phil
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
            Accountability? ....

Comment

Ripper File on DVD

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
              Hi Bob,

I think Grave Maurice wants to know whether they are ntsc or pal.

Rob
              I couldn't tell you, I only know they play on my computer and on my DVD player here in the UK

Comment

UK is PAL which won't play in the USA. There's also the regional code of DVDs which is different for USA and Europe.
                But chances are it's region-free anyway, if self-burned on a PC.

In case it is PAL and it won't play on your US player, just copy it onto a harddisk and burn it again in NTSC (There are tools for that downloadable, how legal they are I don't know). Maybe your normal burning program can do that as well.

Christian

Comment

There's a good chance you have a region free player on your PC already

In which case a PAL format DVD can be played, and also converted to NTSC to give to your friends or play on your NTSC DVD player

The programme you would require is called a "Ripper" - what else?

PS I have this set of discs, which are offered intermittently on Ebay and can recommend it

I love the inquests - Dr Blackwell is my favourite and I think he might be the Ripper - lol
                  Last edited by Nemo; 07-04-2010, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Listen, I'm not a techo-savvy guy at all, but this DVD plays just fine on my laptop. I hadn't seen the show since it was originally aired here about 35 years ago, and I think that it holds up remarkably well. North Americans shouldn't hesitate to get a copy from Bob. It seems to me to be a programme that should be part of our common knowledge.

Comment

Hello GM,

Same here in case any most European countries are in doubt...all no problem at all. Many thanks Bob!

best wishes

Phil
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                      Accountability? ....

Comment

Ripper File on DVD

Glad to hear you guys got your copies allright.

Comment

Working...
                        X