Saving my Ripperologist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving my Ripperologist

Yet again I need a bit of technical help if possible. It’s to do with saving my pdf of Ripperologist.

I have an IPad so I probably need someone who also has one.

The email arrives, I click on download the pdf and it appears in my Safari memory and I can read it from there no problem. The problem comes when I try and save it anywhere else. I’ve tried 2 options.

I’ve saved it to my IBooks. This works initially but for some reason, after a fairly short time, the files just disappear. I’ve received the last 6 Ripperologists and have saved them all to IBooks. When I returned to them later there were only 2 saved. So I saved the vanished ones again. Again they disappeared and I still only have two saved. I just can’t understand this.

My second option was to save it to files. I saved it to ‘pages.’ To pages itself and to a folder within pages. Both times the file appears but it’s like a ghost file. It’s faint and grey and nothing happens when I click on it. Utterly confused.

So I don’t appear to be able to save Ripperologist pdf’s on a £900 pad!

Bear in mind that I’m next to a caveman when it comes to technology so any answers in simple terms please.

I appreciate any help guys.

Herlock The Caveman
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Buy an Android tablet next time, Herlock. They're cheaper, just as functional as an iPad and much less hassle.

I know that doesn't solve your immediate problem, but I haven't evangelised too often lately
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      Buy an Android tablet next time, Herlock. They're cheaper, just as functional as an iPad and much less hassle.

I know that doesn't solve your immediate problem, but I haven't evangelised too often lately
      I’m beginning to learn this Gareth. Then again, all computers are witchcraft to me
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Saving Ripperologist on an Ipad

I used to receive Ripperologist issues on my work-provided iPad, and saved them to the device, but not in Pages. I think it was just as PDF files with created names.

Eventually the work recommended we clear out anything we wanted to keep prior to an update, so I emailed the files to my personal e-address, and opened them on my personal Android tablet.

Pat D.

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
        Yet again I need a bit of technical help if possible. It’s to do with saving my pdf of Ripperologist.

I have an IPad so I probably need someone who also has one.

The email arrives, I click on download the pdf and it appears in my Safari memory and I can read it from there no problem. The problem comes when I try and save it anywhere else. I’ve tried 2 options.

I’ve saved it to my IBooks. This works initially but for some reason, after a fairly short time, the files just disappear. I’ve received the last 6 Ripperologists and have saved them all to IBooks. When I returned to them later there were only 2 saved. So I saved the vanished ones again. Again they disappeared and I still only have two saved. I just can’t understand this.

My second option was to save it to files. I saved it to ‘pages.’ To pages itself and to a folder within pages. Both times the file appears but it’s like a ghost file. It’s faint and grey and nothing happens when I click on it. Utterly confused.

So I don’t appear to be able to save Ripperologist pdf’s on a £900 pad!

Bear in mind that I’m next to a caveman when it comes to technology so any answers in simple terms please.

I appreciate any help guys.

Herlock The Caveman
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
          I used to receive Ripperologist issues on my work-provided iPad, and saved them to the device, but not in Pages. I think it was just as PDF files with created names.

Eventually the work recommended we clear out anything we wanted to keep prior to an update, so I emailed the files to my personal e-address, and opened them on my personal Android tablet.

Pat D.
          Thanks for that Pat I can’t see anywhere else to save them though. I’ll try again later on. It’s very annoying though. I just don’t understand why they disappear from iBooks ? Or why they save as a unopenable file?
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Michael, if you're having trouble saving the mags, why not just save the emails and open the mags whenever you want? A gmail account has virtually limitless capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              Michael, if you're having trouble saving the mags, why not just save the emails and open the mags whenever you want? A gmail account has virtually limitless capacity.
              Thanks for that Robert

It’s just bloody baffling why Ripperologists just vanish from iBooks. I’ve just checked and the new one is still there along with 2 old ones but the other 3 have gone.

There’s a ghost in the machine!

I must admit that I miss getting the paper copies in the post. I think that I still have all the paper ones except the very first one.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

--Herlock Sholmes

Don't you have a laptop or desktop?
                Sure could of got a great laptop or desktop for £900 and at the same time not confining yourself to Apple's walled garden and planned obsolescence, and if you need anymore reasons to avoid Apple check the link.
                These are not clues, Fred.
                It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
                They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
                And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
                We will not.

Comment

Down load an App like Adobe Acrobat or PDF Pro, they are free and your problems will be solved.

They will give you the ability to make notes and highlight passages as well.
                  Oh, and they have a word search option too!
                  Last edited by drstrange169; 08-21-2018, 12:00 AM.
                  dustymiller
                  aka drstrange

Comment

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
                    Down load an App like Adobe Acrobat or PDF Pro, they are free and your problems will be solved.

They will give you the ability to make notes and highlight passages as well.
                    Oh, and they have a word search option too!
                    Just followed your advice Dusty, thanks
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

It's a sad statement when I give useful computer advice!
                      dustymiller
                      aka drstrange

Comment

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
                        It's a sad statement when I give useful computer advice!

I once gave advice that turned out to be correct to someone that used to work in IT. I don’t think that she’s ever gotten over it! The fact that I mention it every time that I see her doesn’t help of course.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Dear Kevin, this is a forum, not Twitter. You can use more words and spell things in a way that makes sense. Just saying...
                          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                          ---------------
                          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                          ---------------

Comment

Working...
                          X