The Gainesville Ripper, Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gainesville Ripper, Florida

Just saw a TV documentary on this serial killer aired as part of a Reelz Channel series called "Murder Made Me Famous". Daniel Rolling was the drifter who killed several people in Gainesville, FL., in the early Nineties. He was a sneak intruder who only attacked small brunette women, with the exception of killing one male room-mate.

Pretty interesting account of the case, which I wasn't familiar with. His knife work earned him the "Ripper" nickname, and he seemed to have sowed fear and hysteria, like his Victorian namesake. His motive was stated as "wanting to be as famous as Ted Bundy."

He was eventually captured, confessed, and was executed.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
    Just saw a TV documentary on this serial killer aired as part of a Reelz Channel series called "Murder Made Me Famous". Daniel Rolling was the drifter who killed several people in Gainesville, FL., in the early Nineties. He was a sneak intruder who only attacked small brunette women, with the exception of killing one male room-mate.

Pretty interesting account of the case, which I wasn't familiar with. His knife work earned him the "Ripper" nickname, and he seemed to have sowed fear and hysteria, like his Victorian namesake. His motive was stated as "wanting to be as famous as Ted Bundy."

He was eventually captured, confessed, and was executed.
    He took of the head from one of his victims and put on a shelf in her apartment. Small wonder there was a hysteria.

Comment

Working...
    X