JFK Assassination Documents to be released this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    If I remember correctly Abby, after Oswald made the ‘patsy’ statement he said something like ‘ I’ve only been accused because I lived in the Soviet Union.’ Those who say conspiracy and make documentaries never show that bit though. Oswald was simply saying that it was the only reason that he was getting blamed.
    I don't think that the word "patsy" should be overlooked here. I'm interested in that choice....not "Ive been set up" or " Ive been duped", or something similar. I don't think this statement exonerates Oswald, he clearly had a lot to do with that day,.... but did he act on his own, by instruction, did he believe that he became a fall guy?

The choice of that word seems intriguing at the very least.
    Michael Richards

Comment

Oswald was clearly working for the CIA. He defected to the Soviet Union but amazingly was allowed to waltz right back onto American soil without even being questioned. Yeah right!

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        Isn't the argument that Ruby was a reluctant hitman, put up to it by the conspirators? There was an anonymous tipoff to the FBI that Oswald was going to get toasted as they transferred him from the jail. Some theorists claim the tipster was Ruby doing his utmost to get out of it.
        Not a word of truth in it though Harry. Like all the other conspiracy-related occurrences when you drill down to the root there’s nothing there.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Oswald was clearly working for the CIA. He defected to the Soviet Union but amazingly was allowed to waltz right back onto American soil without even being questioned. Yeah right!
          Yes I know that I sound like a broken record but Bugliosi has nailed it all. CIA/KGB/Russia. I don’t have the book with me but as far as I recall it’s a complete myth that Oswald wasn’t questioned on his return from the Soviet Union. Oswald at no time worked for the CIA.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Not a word of truth in it though Harry. Like all the other conspiracy-related occurrences when you drill down to the root there’s nothing there.
            The FBI DID receive an anonymous tip that morning that Oswald was going to be killed leaving the jail. How fortunate that they made a public spectacle of the transfer which allowed Ruby to march up and shoot him. And we are to believe that a mobster done this on the spur of the moment because he felt sorry for JFK's wife? Come on!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
              I don't think that the word "patsy" should be overlooked here. I'm interested in that choice....not "Ive been set up" or " Ive been duped", or something similar. I don't think this statement exonerates Oswald, he clearly had a lot to do with that day,.... but did he act on his own, by instruction, did he believe that he became a fall guy?

Hi Michael,

For me it’s as clear as can be. By looking closely at everything that he did the day before and the day of the assassination Oswald couldn’t have been more obviously guilty. There’s not a shred of evidence that stands up to scrutiny that anyone else was involved. If any ripper suspect had 100th of the level of evidence against him than Oswald did we’d be saying ‘game over.’

Oswald completely alone. No doubt for me.

The ripper? Who knows.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

The FBI DID receive an anonymous tip that morning that Oswald was going to be killed leaving the jail. How fortunate that they made a public spectacle of the transfer which allowed Ruby to march up and shoot him. And we are to believe that a mobster done this on the spur of the moment because he felt sorry for JFK's wife? Come on!
                And wasn’t it helpful of Oswald that, just as he was about to be transferred, he complained of being cold and asked for a sweater or a jacket. So someone went and got him one. If Oswald hadn’t have asked this he would have been in the van and gone well before Ruby got there. So are we suggesting that Oswald was part of some conspiracy/suicide?
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

yup. its got me scratching my head.

Comment

And wasn’t it helpful of Oswald that, just as he was about to be transferred, he complained of being cold and asked for a sweater or a jacket. So someone went and got him one. If Oswald hadn’t have asked this he would have been in the van and gone well before Ruby got there. So are we suggesting that Oswald was part of some conspiracy/suicide?
                    Who's to say there wouldn't be another opportunity? Maybe had Ruby failed, someone else would've taken out Oswald.

Comment

Hi Harry (and HS)
                      The only thing that's clear about this case, is that nothing is clear. LOL!
                      Oswald never worked directly for the CIA-They thought about it, but after taking a good look at him they wanted nothing to do with him, at least directly.

now, whether they used him, or someone else working with the CIA used him, as a patsy or fall guy, that's another question.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                        Hi Harry
                        The only thing that's clear about this case, is that nothing is clear. LOL!
                        Oswald never worked directly for the CIA-They thought about it, but after taking a good look at him they wanted nothing to do with him, at least directly.

now, whether they used him, or someone else working with the CIA used him, as a patsy or fall guy, that's another question.
                        Hey Abby,

It's one thing if Oswald was some angry, disgruntled loner who saw a literal shot at fame or had an axe to grind with the president, but he wasn't just some blue collar idiot. He had met with the KGB's head of assassinations three weeks before getting the job that overlooked the president's motorcade route, had been impersonated in phonecalls to the Soviet Embassy in Mexico City trying to find out the name of the KGB agent he met with, and was an admitted Soviet defector who was given a free pass back into the States. If people can't at least see that there was a lot more going on here, they are naive to the extreme.

Comment

Hey Abby,

It's one thing if Oswald was some angry, disgruntled loner who saw a literal shot at fame or had an axe to grind with the president, but he wasn't just some blue collar idiot. He had met with the KGB's head of assassinations three weeks before getting the job that overlooked the president's motorcade route, had been impersonated in phonecalls to the Soviet Embassy in Mexico City trying to find out the name of the KGB agent he met with, and was an admitted Soviet defector who was given a free pass back into the States. If people can't at least see that there was a lot more going on here, they are naive to the extreme.
                          HI Harry
                          I agree. It was an extremely tangled web.

Comment

Who's to say there wouldn't be another opportunity? Maybe had Ruby failed, someone else would've taken out Oswald.
                            But there’s no evidence for that Harry.
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Hey Abby,

Harry,

The motorcade route wasn’t decided upon until 3 or 4 days prior to November 22nd so it’s absolutely impossible that it was ‘arranged’ for Oswald to work at the book depository.
                              Again, please read Bugliosi. Pages of in depth analysis utterly refuting conspiracy drivel. The KGB were initially interested in him when he went to the Soviet Union but they soon realised that he knew nothing worth knowing and that he was unstable.
                              All these things like ‘he got a free pass back to the USA,’ or ‘he met with so and so’ are just made up by conspiracy theorists.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

By the way Harry there’s not a smidgeon of evidence that Ruby had any mob connections at all. He even volunteered for a lie detector test on the subject which he passed (Oswald, on the other hand, always refused one.)
                                Bugliosi actually interviewed Ruby’s sister Eva. She said that her brother was obsessed with JFK and thought him the best man who ever lived. She also said that on the day Kennedy died Ruby cried more than he did at the deaths of their mother and father.
                                This is simplicity itself. This is a man who had 7 dogs, 6 of which he called his children, the other was his ‘wife.’ This is not a normal, well-balanced guy.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X