• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Miller's Court" Short Dramatized Film

http://www.pleasefund.us/projects/millers-court

A short film currently in production.

Synopsis:
    "The story quite simply follows ‘Jack’ as he watches Mary and follows her around Whitechapel. He watches her with customers and eventually follows her home to commit his most atrocious crime."
    Post Tenebras Lux

Difficult to judge on such a short clip, but it looked OK except that Jack's shoes looked rather polished!

If I might make a suggestion, do you really need those special effects? It's possible that Jack himself couldn't see very clearly what he was doing. Why not have auditory horror instead - squelching, rustling and creaking noises might be quite effective in themselves.

Comment

Hey! you found the key!

Personally, I prefer my JTR stuff to have a better period look, and I don't think MJK would have had modern make-up like that, plus, her hair is the wrong length, but, whatever.

Comment

Hi guys. I do live in Stoke-on-Trent but this has nothing to do with me nor do I know anyone involved with the project.

Had I been involved it would look less stylised and more authentic. That's not necessarily a good thing though and I guess financial backers want myth and glamour.

At the end of the day it will depend on the quality of the story telling rather than the look of the thing.

If anyone does want to make a film or photoshoot of late Victorian squalor we do unfortunately have rather a lot of derelict Victorian period buildings in this area.
        Post Tenebras Lux

Comment

As an update one of our local theatres has a production called "Holmes and the Ripper" coming up. It's an original story but based on Stephen Knight's book so no surprises there then.

http://www.stokerep.org.uk/index.php...d=47&Itemid=55

Again I have no links with this production but I'm wondering where all this local interest in the Ripper is coming from.
          Post Tenebras Lux

Comment

Working...
          X