This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Kearney's (Nemo's) book collection will be going up for sale

Long time students of the case will probably remember Nemo who unfortunately passed away in 2014. His widow has decided to put his collection up for sale. I believe details are going to be distributed on Facebook, but we will attempt to update here once any information is obtained. If you are looking to add to your collection, please keep this in mind. If anyone sees the details on Facebook before we post them, please feel free to update here.

No permission!

Dear Admin,

I am disgusted that you have posted this thread without asking permission.

The book sale has been left in my hands by Paul's widow & I purposely did not announce it on Casebook as this site can be read by his children.
    On such an upsetting topic, I would have thought you to shown more consideration.
    The book sale is not a 'free for all' and priority will be given to friends of Paul who would like a momento of his work.

Please remove your post!out of decency.

Amanda (A.J.Griffiths-Jones)

Comment

For the record, Admin was asked to post this by Jackie Murphy of the Whitechapel Society, as I was asked to post similar on JTR Forums. I will hereby remove the thread on JTR Forums due to your reaction.

Comment

Thank you Jon. Sooner rather than later please.

Comment

If Paul's widow or his children request that it be taken down, we'll take it down. I would presume that they are aware their mother is selling off the collection, and I would think that the more people who know it is being sold, the more likely his family is to receive fair compensation for the books, rather than having it handled by one person, who doesn't seem to have the experience or judgment at hand to know how to publicize such a thing and is apparently asking for help on facebook and doesn't even appear to have known who the man was.

We have nothing but respect for Nemo and his family. If they request that this sale not be publicized, we are of course happy to acquiesce to their wishes, however I sincerely question that the decision to keep it quiet will somehow be in their best interests, considering how small the field is and what the market is.

That makes zero sense.

Comment

If anyone wishes to purchase one of Paul's books, they are welcome to contact Amanda directly.

She apparently confuses publicizing the sale with somehow taking the power from her.

We deleted her next rant, but she wants to make it clear:

She's in charge, only she's in charge of this sale, and we will not take this from her.

So let it be clear. Amanda's in charge. She is the only one in charge. Casebook has nothing to do with this, except we were trying, out of basic courtesy to a man we respect to help publicize this so that as many people would know as possible.

We will still make sure that people know, but let's not let the important thing go unnoticed:

Amanda is in charge of this. Not us. Because that's what matters.

Comment

Working...
            X