Most intriguing unsolved non-JtR serial killer cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway, Rolling was executed in 2006.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I think Rolling became engaged to the woman he wrote the book with but I don't see that they ever got married.

Stan Reid

Comment

• She maybe got smart.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
          Yes, Zodiac is the other serial killer, in addition JtR, that has a major internet presence.
          And, that's probably only going to increase with the coming 50th anniversary.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Although, like the Ripper 50th and as the most recent edition of Ripperana noted, the JFK assassination 50th seemed to fall short of what I expected.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I guess there are too many people alive who remember it real time and are tired of hearing about it.

Stan Reid

Comment

• G'Day all

I keep reading on this thread that the alphabet murders are unsolved I was certain that Hercule Poirot broke that one wide open.

GUT
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• G'Day

More seriously and closer to home (for me anyway) the Claremont killings in WA

GUT
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Yes, Claremont will become a classic if it's not solved soon.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The case is very similar to Scotland's Bible John Case, removed by a quarter century.

Stan Reid

Comment

• There's a mystery going on here at the moment :

Comment

• A man whose naked body was washed up on a Cornish beach was found with multiple injuries and a sock in his mouth, detectives say.

Comment

• Highway of Tears was originally considered highway16 in BC Canada but investigators have included highway 5 and 97. Locals say there are 43 victims in 4 decades since 1969 to 2006 but the task force narrowed it down to 18 by selecting only the cases that met the following criteria: victims must be female and match at least one of the two following scenarios: they were involved in a high-risk activity such as hitchhiking or the sex trade, or they were last seen or their body was found within a mile or so from three specific B.C. highways.

Coleen MacMillen (1974) the DNA on her blouse was recently a positive match to Bobby Jack Fowler, an American, who died in a prison in the US. He is considered to the likely suspect in the deaths of Gale Weys and Pam Darlington in 1973 as well. He is not a suspect in all of the murders as he was incarcerated at the time of their disappearances.

In Kamloops on April 2011 a 20 yr female was flagged down by a man (60’s-70”s) with long white beard and hair (with Alberta plates & 4 ways on his pickup truck). When she got out of her car to help he tried to force her into his truck. She managed escape by punching and kicking him in groin she described him as being strong and built like a fire truck. A 20 yr female went missing while camping just south of Vanderhoof in May 2011. Her tent and truck were left at camp but her cell phone and keys are missing.

The area around those highways is vast wilderness of mountains, valleys, rivers and forests.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_of_Tears_murders

Comment

• G'day Sis

Do you know why they chose those parameters when narrowing down the potential list?

If they think Fowler did some and not others, that would mean there were multiple killers operating in the area.
                              G U T

Comment

• I'd never noticed before now that we are talking about 800 kms of road so I guess multiples is not so unreasonable over 40+ years.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X