Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Death In its Medico-Legal Aspects' Pages 87-88

Hi, Nats.

The subject of the Torso Murders cuts off quite abruptly on page 87 and the text goes on to something else, but here is that page in full & the next one. All of these articles & texts are Public Domain, so if you want to read the whole thing just search for the title and it will pop up in various forms on the internet.

Best regards, Archaic
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Archaic; 01-14-2010, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
      Hi, Nats.

The subject of the Torso Murders cuts off quite abruptly on page 87 and the text goes on to something else, but here is that page in full & the next one. All of these articles & texts are Public Domain, so if you want to read the whole thing just search for the title and it will pop up in various forms on the internet.

Best regards, Archaic
      Thanks Archaic,
      Its all very helpful,
      Cheers
      Norma

Comment

Pathological specimens

Something that caught my eye when I read through the rest of the WESTMINSTER HOSPITAL REPORTS. Vol. V. was something amongst Dr Hebbert's list of new pathological specimens added to the museum ;

LIST OF PATHOLOGICAL SPECIMENS

ADDED TO THE MUSEUM DURING 1889.

By CHAELES A. HEBBEET. [Charles Hebbert]
        11. Uterus with false passage from a case of criminal
        abortion. — The organ is opened and on the posterior wall is
        seen a groove which begins at the os internum, traverses
        the whole thickness of the wall, and pierces the posterior
        surface just below the Fundus. In the jar is a piece of
        cotton wool found in the peritoneal cavity, and which was
        thrust through the uterus presumably on the point of a
        sound. Presented by T. Bond, Esq.

T. Bond has to be Thomas Bond, listed in the volume as head of surgical out patients at the hospital, he was also a lecturer in forensic medicine at the same hospital according to several sources including the medical register, Hebbert was a lecturer in physical anatomy.

I was just wondering if criminal abortion could have been one of Bond's special interests? Criminal abortion is a subject that crops up often in discussion of the torso murders and is something I believe contributed towards the death of Elizabeth Jackson.
        No one else gets any credit for any of the other specimens provided either, and there are a great number of them.

Comment

Hi Debs,
          Thanks very much for posting this.I have for some time now thought that these Torso cases have been linked to some abortionist-----sometimes the women may have just thought they were pregnant,sometimes they were but someone somewhere took advantage of the situation or it just went wrong.Will keep a look out here and try to do some more reading on them.
          Best
          Norma

Comment

Working...
          X