Restaurant Owner Asks Trump's Press Secretary to Leave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    Now his tariffs are backfiring - Harley-Davidson moving some manufacturing jobs overseas. Trump is putting Americans out of work because he hasn't a clue what he's doing.
    Please bear in mind that Trump's tariffs are not legal. In their wisdom, the framers of the U.S. Constitution gave the power to impose tariffs to Congress and Congress alone. It wasn't until fairly recently in our history that a loop-hole crept in, where the President can unilaterally impose a tariff as a sort of wartime act, for matters of national security. This is why our autocrat-in-chief claimed that aluminum and steel tariffs against Canada and the EU were a matter of national security, which was clearly a lie.

Unfortunately, we currently live in a dangerous environment where 51% of the U.S. Senate no longer defends the Constitution nor cares about the rule of law. Well, make that 50%, because the Republican Senator Jeff Flake, a man with actual integrity, has been demanding a vote on the tariffs. Since he holds the swing vote on the judiciary committee, he may still get what we wants. Meanwhile, the few Republican thinkers that can see Trump for what he really is--George Will, David Brooks, Steve Schmidt, etc. -- have a lower opinion of Trump than even most Democrats.

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
      President can unilaterally impose a tariff as a sort of wartime act, for matters of national security. This is why our autocrat-in-chief claimed that aluminum and steel tariffs against Canada and the EU were a matter of national security, which was clearly a lie.
      China has been dumping steel in such measures it is difficult to see it anything other than a trade war.

You are here discussing process, criticising your president for using a loophole (business people are good at spotting them) in an attempt to save American jobs?

Now I've been dealing with non-deplorables for some time now and I think this is the point you say "but his actions wont save jobs"....but they have and they will.

Trump is correct, a country has to be able to make it's own steel, and the short-sightedness of business in buying cheap steel does not care about that.

The EU is just one big protection racket that is preventing Africa having any chance of self sustainability.
      My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Get real, Dave. Many years ago, when Trump actually built buildings instead of selling his 'brand' to companies that then went bankrupt, he used Chinese steel in his buildings. Not a peep about 'America First,' it was (and is) 'Trump First.' Always. He also screwed thousands of workers and contractors out of their rightful money. People worked for him for months and never got paid. So please. Trump doesn't give a rat's arse about creating jobs. He only cares about creating adulation. That's why he constantly throws rallies.

On a Ripperological note, what do Donald Trump and Frederick Deeming have in common?

Answer: they both committed fraudulent bankruptcy.

In Deeming's case, he stole a couple hundred pounds and screwed-over his creditors, and, as a result, got sent to gaol.

In Trump's case, he did the same thing SIX TIMES, stole untold millions, was bailed out by the Russian mob, and, as a result, got sent to the oval office.

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
          Get real, Dave. Many years ago, when Trump actually built buildings instead of selling his 'brand' to companies that then went bankrupt, he used Chinese steel in his buildings. Not a peep about 'America First,' it was (and is) 'Trump First.' Always.
          He is a businessman, you once again seem to be criticising him for playing by the rules?

Like in the presidential debate when Clinton criticised him about him paying as little tax as possible "That's cause I'm smart!"

So what is the moral outrage here?

"Trump First" fine my family is more important to me than my country too.

He also screwed thousands of workers and contractors out of their rightful money. People worked for him for months and never got paid. So please. Trump doesn't give a rat's arse about creating jobs.
          Tbh whether he really cares about the coal miners or like Hillary "wants to put them out of business" is neither here nor there, it only matters he creates them.

On a Ripperological note, what do Donald Trump and Frederick Deeming have in common?
          Answer: they both committed fraudulent bankruptcy.

In Deeming's case, he stole a couple hundred pounds and screwed-over his creditors, and, as a result, got sent to gaol.

In Trump's case, he did the same thing SIX TIMES, stole untold millions, was bailed out by the Russian mob, and, as a result, got sent to the oval office.

Which of company of Trump's that entered chapter 11 did so fraudulently?

You also seem to be suggesting business people should give up because they have failures....but that's not who these people are, like the spider in the cave they get up and try, try, try again.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
            "Trump First" fine my family is more important to me than my country too.
            RJ didn't mention family. Besides, there are surely greater obligations on a president of a large country than there are on your average family man.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
              RJ didn't mention family. Besides, there are surely greater obligations on a president of a large country than there are on your average family man.
              Trump said it during a Presidential debate; he was not President at the time. One of Trumps tax returns were released. From memory he was paying more tax than was required to.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
                Trump said it during a Presidential debate; he was not President at the time.
                Thanks, but that's not particularly relevant to RJ's point about Trump putting Trump - i.e. not "Trump's family" - first.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Tbh whether he really cares about the coal miners or like Hillary "wants to put them out of business" is neither here nor there, it only matters he creates them.
                  another mis-characterisation of Clinton's comments on the coal miners. Her full remarks were:

"So for example, I'm the only candidate which has a policy about how to bring economic opportunity using clean renewable energy as the key into coal country. Because we're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business, right?

And we're going to make it clear that we don't want to forget those people. Those people labored in those mines for generations, losing their health, often losing their lives to turn on our lights and power our factories.

Now we've got to move away from coal and all the other fossil fuels, but I don't want to move away from the people who did the best they could to produce the energy that we relied on."

This is IMO a realistic assessment of where coal is going or SHOULD be going. Trump basically bought himself a few thousand votes against all common sense or knowledge of the issue. I mean trump is the guy who talks about "Clean coal". "They take out the coal and clean it": https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.54623049e97f

Clinton was proposing a plan to transition those people away from dependency of coal mining to alternative energy technologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
                    Clinton was proposing a plan to transition those people away from dependency of coal mining to alternative energy technologies.
                    Yes they promised that when they shut down the Scottish coalmines too....the idea you are going to turn coalminers into solar panel engineers is fanciful.

We buy our coal from China now, cheap, high carbon while high quality coal remains un-mined under our feet.....the mining villages and towns dilapidated into zero-hour contract jobs.

"Green" or "Renewable" energy will not fill the energy gap until nuclear fusion....clean coal technology must be invested in along with carbon capture.

Dave.

Comment

The point is we shouldn't need to buy coal from China because Renewable Energy is widely used in the world:

Percentage of renewable Energy by country (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...able_sources):

United states: 14%
                      UK: 27%
                      Germany: 31%
                      Canada: 64%
                      Austria: 80%

These numbers are from 2015, so the numbers have only gone up. There is no doubt that this is the future and coal/oil/gas is the past, nevermind polluting and a health hazard. No Nuclear Fission is needed to reduce dependency on coal. Fission will be useful one day where there is no sun, wind or tides (space).
                      Last edited by Svensson; 06-29-2018, 05:36 AM.

Comment

The point is we shouldn't need to buy coal from China because Renewable Energy is widely used in the world:

Percentage of renewable Energy by country (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...able_sources):

These numbers are from 2015, so the numbers have only gone up. There is no doubt that this is the future and coal/oil/gas is the past, nevermind polluting and a health hazard. No Nuclear Fission is needed to reduce dependency on coal. Fission will be useful one day where there is no sun, wind or tides (space).

Comment

the idea you are going to turn coalminers into solar panel engineers is fanciful.
                          why not? If they can turn themselves into strippers, then they can certainly hammer panels together

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post

Yes we done all that in Scotland too....windmills all over the place, they spin sometimes, there has been millions wasted on wave technology and plans to close the local coal fired power-station constantly kicked down the road.

I was talking about nuclear fusion (the real future), fission does not have any long term.

Dave.

Comment

It seems that Liberals have finally woken up to the hypocritical Democratic Party and how divisive their diversity ideology is.

#WalkAway

Dave.

Comment

It seems that Liberals have finally woken up to the hypocritical Democratic Party and how divisive their diversity ideology is.

#WalkAway
                                is there context to this or is this your calendar's quote of the day..?

Comment

Working...
                                X