Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket

One-day international, Edinburgh:

Scotland 371-5 (50 overs): MacLeod 140* (94), Coetzer 58 (49)
    England 365 (48.5 overs): Bairstow 105 (59), Watt 3-55

Scotland won by six runs
    Scotland won by six runs
    Scotland won by six runs

To my English brothers and sisters.....get it right up you!
    My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Great performance by Scotland Dave

A crap decision to reduce the teams to 10 which prevents Scotland competing in the World Cup. They should get more top flight matches. Gone are the days when teams would think playing Scotland was an easy win. Emerging teams like them should get more support

There may be a slight attendance problem at works across Scotland tomorrow.
    Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 06-10-2018, 02:20 PM.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Well said Herlock, and well done Scotland. Judging by the scoreline - and the result! - that must have been an entertaining game to watch.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        Well said Herlock, and well done Scotland. Judging by the scoreline - and the result! - that must have been an entertaining game to watch.
        Very gracious Sam, thank you.

I don't think the footy WC will miss us much, but proud to say the Cricket one definitely will.

If that downpour had not happened against the windies, we would have been there...but that's cricket and part of the fun...and despair.

Brilliant game too.

Dave.

Comment

It looks like my comments about Trump have got me onto Dave’s ignore list
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

No Herlock, that post originally said "chaps" rather than "Sam" then I noticed your location....no need to thank a fellow Scot!

I'm not so petty as to ignore a fellow ripperoligist over something as petty as politics....tell me a dog ran away with an apron and I might do though.

Dave.

Comment

I’m not a Scot but my gran was.

No problem Dave.

Great game, great performance by Scotland.

No chance with the dog thing. Maybe an aardvark though.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                I’m not a Scot but my gran was.

No problem Dave.

Great game, great performance by Scotland.

No chance with the dog thing. Maybe an aardvark though.
                I read "West Midland's" as West Lothian....apologies.

I thank you for your graciousness in defeat, much more civilized than my mocking in victory, but honestly never thought I'd see this in my lifetime.

I was in london at the time, getting sunburnt, listening to TMS, never thought we had a chance as you are the best whiteball team at the moment imo.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
                  I read "West Midland's" as West Lothian....apologies.

I thank you for your graciousness in defeat, much more civilized than my mocking in victory, but honestly never thought I'd see this in my lifetime.

I was in london at the time, getting sunburnt, listening to TMS, never thought we had a chance as you are the best whiteball team at the moment imo.
                  When Bairstow was in full flow I thought that we were going to win but Scotland did the business. They certainly showed more backbone than we do in the test format. It would have been good to see them in the World Cup. There have probably been a few ‘phew’s’ from the ‘top’ teams that they arent. Let’s hope that they get more opportunities to play on the world stage.
                  We’re a good one day side at the moment. Its a pity that we resemble a pack of cards on the test arena
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Huh? Just smashed Pakistan by an innings and bowled them out twice for under 200..... And this is probably the best Pakistan team since their heyday of the mid-2000s swhen they had Younis, Yussuf and Inzy in that beast of a middle-order back then...

Comment

True but they were awful in the test before. On our day we can beat anyone but we are way too inconsistent mainly due to our batting. During the first test the commentators put up a list on screen of England batting collapses over the past year or two. It made pretty sad reading. If we get to something like 50-3 as all teams do on occasion we can be pretty confident that we’re going to be all out for 180-240-ish. We don’t seem to be able to dig in and fight our way to a half decent score. I just think that we need a bit more grit to add to the flair.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I love the slow burn of a test match and will lend my support to the lesser cricketing nations of Great Britain as the best one does not yet have test match status.

(You have no idea how gleefully I typed the above)

I do find it funny when the English collapse happens, is the biggest problem with the test side perhaps that the best players want to play white ball stuff and as a result when changes are made it is perhaps not the best players being picked?

Dave.

Comment

I love the slow burn of a test match and will lend my support to the lesser cricketing nations of Great Britain as the best one does not yet have test match status.

(You have no idea how gleefully I typed the above)

I do find it funny when the English collapse happens, is the biggest problem with the test side perhaps that the best players want to play white ball stuff and as a result when changes are made it is perhaps not the best players being picked?
                          I sometimes think that some players don’t expect to be in for too long so they end up playing one day shots. Moeen Ali was a perfect example. A really talented batsmen, played some great innings but how many times did he get out playing daft shots especially at crucial times. Was it in Pakistan when we were batting for a draw he got out trying to chip the ball over mid-on! A T20 stroke. I think that we tend toward being one dimensional players Dave. Its ok being aggressive and playing all the stylish shots but not when your 70-4. We’ve got Cook but I think we need a couple more like him.

I wonder if Geoffrey Boycott fancies a game?
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

One-day international, Edinburgh:

Scotland 371-5 (50 overs): MacLeod 140* (94), Coetzer 58 (49)
                            England 365 (48.5 overs): Bairstow 105 (59), Watt 3-55

Scotland won by six runs
                            Scotland won by six runs
                            Scotland won by six runs

To my English brothers and sisters.....get it right up you!
                            How long did this game last?
                            "Is all that we see or seem
                            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Cricket is five day tests. The rest is junk.

Comment

Working...
                              X