The could be knife Thomas Coram found on October the 1st 1888

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Niko,

"At the age of 15 after school I would go to work at a Taxi garage that was located in a railway arch, on Saturday's I would work all day."

Can you tell us where the railway arch was situated?

Gary

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
      Hi Niko,

"At the age of 15 after school I would go to work at a Taxi garage that was located in a railway arch, on Saturday's I would work all day."

Gary
      Hello Gary, the arch where I found the knife is about a hundred arches East from where the torso murder in Pinchin street.

All the best,

Niko,

Comment

Hi Niko,

Gary
        Here are two photograph's taken the same month that I found the knife, I obtained the photo's from Bancroft road libary. I think they are originally from the Daily Mirror.If you look near the white lorry there is a bloke holding a broom in the middle of the street!! that's me infront of the garage.

I can remember it as if it was yesterday, there was little work in the garage and I was sweeping the garage entrance, on the other side of the road the was a woman, we looked at each other and said hello, she asked me for a cigarette, which I kindly gave her. I could see she had a camera in her hand, I told her it was a bad day for photos dueing it was a very dull day, she said she had to take a photgraph for the newspaper, then she asked me if I minded standing in the middle of the street whilst she took the photograph as the were little comuter's in the street, I agreed and asked in which newspaper would the articule be in ? she said tomorow,I can't remember if it was the Sun or the Daily Mail, I think it was the Daily Mirror it started to rain and she went done the street, once near the Brit she took the picture, we then waved goodbye.

If you look behind me theres a lorry that can't get pass, because of the van parked on the right, the bloke in the van is blowing his horn with a right bad temper !! and the van driver was in the bog !! lol.

This was around 1983, there was a dustman's strike in London and there was rubbish and rat's everyehere !! I think the army was called in to collect the rubbish, any way !! the next day I gets the newspaper and there I am on the front page !! the title read "the dirtiest street in London" I supose it was a bit dirty due to the strike but by far the dirtiest !! one of my nieghbour's threw a wobbler and she wrote a letter to the newspaper,lol they were great day's in the East End !!

Iv'e tried to find the newspaper article and photograph but I find it impossible !! in the other photograph is Charlies Taxi Garage and a friend's grandmother with her little sister, I really respected this woman, my friend's grandmother, she gave me plenty of advice on life !! saw her once on tv, the BBC done an interview on her, great lady !! I send you my love to where ever you are xx

All the best,

Niko

Comment

• Got carried away and forgot to post the photograph's, lol, sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by niko View Post
            Got carried away and forgot to post the photograph's, lol, sorry.
            I'm on the edge of my seat.

Was the place anywhere near Cornwall Street?

Comment

• Fudge.

Having problems

Comment

• double fudge !!

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                I'm on the edge of my seat.

Was the place anywhere near Cornwall Street?
                Yes mrbarnett , sorry folk's it won't let me up load the images. last try !!

Comment

• Hi Niko,

This incident (assuming it wasn't a figment of the victim's imagination) took place much closer to your railway arch.

Gary

Discussion of other criminal cases that have some relation to the Ripper, including various East End murders, other serial killers (both modern and historical), etc.
                  Last edited by MrBarnett; 02-27-2016, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Hi Niko,

This incident (assuming it wasn't a figment of the victim's imagination) took place much closer to your railway arch.

Gary

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=1463
                    Hello Gary, your right it's much nearer to the arch than Pinchin street Sutton street, turn into Martha street, cross Watney street and into Chapman street which run's parrarell to Cornwall street on the other side of the arches.

All the best,

Niko

Comment

• Originally posted by niko View Post
                      Here are two photograph's taken the same month that I found the knife, I obtained the photo's from Bancroft road libary. I think they are originally from the Daily Mirror.If you look near the white lorry there is a bloke holding a broom in the middle of the street!! that's me infront of the garage.

I can remember it as if it was yesterday, there was little work in the garage and I was sweeping the garage entrance, on the other side of the road the was a woman, we looked at each other and said hello, she asked me for a cigarette, which I kindly gave her. I could see she had a camera in her hand, I told her it was a bad day for photos dueing it was a very dull day, she said she had to take a photgraph for the newspaper, then she asked me if I minded standing in the middle of the street whilst she took the photograph as the were little comuter's in the street, I agreed and asked in which newspaper would the articule be in ? she said tomorow,I can't remember if it was the Sun or the Daily Mail, I think it was the Daily Mirror it started to rain and she went done the street, once near the Brit she took the picture, we then waved goodbye.

If you look behind me theres a lorry that can't get pass, because of the van parked on the right, the bloke in the van is blowing his horn with a right bad temper !! and the van driver was in the bog !! lol.

This was around 1983, there was a dustman's strike in London and there was rubbish and rat's everyehere !! I think the army was called in to collect the rubbish, any way !! the next day I gets the newspaper and there I am on the front page !! the title read "the dirtiest street in London" I supose it was a bit dirty due to the strike but by far the dirtiest !! one of my nieghbour's threw a wobbler and she wrote a letter to the newspaper,lol they were great day's in the East End !!

Iv'e tried to find the newspaper article and photograph but I find it impossible !! in the other photograph is Charlies Taxi Garage and a friend's grandmother with her little sister, I really respected this woman, my friend's grandmother, she gave me plenty of advice on life !! saw her once on tv, the BBC done an interview on her, great lady !! I send you my love to where ever you are xx

All the best,

Niko
                      Here's the photograph's
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Niko,

I've just picked up on this thread. How is your research progressing, if at all?

Best regards,
                        wigngown 🇬🇧

Comment

• Originally posted by wigngown View Post
                          Hi Niko,

I've just picked up on this thread. How is your research progressing, if at all?

Best regards,
                          Hello Wigngown !! sorry for the delay in replying to your question. The latest is that I have passed my phone number and email to a lady that worked at the same school where the teacher that asked me if a pair of sicssors or a knife had been found in the garage that I worked at, This lady will pass on my email to a friend of her's that is in contact with the teacher that asked about the knife.

In the past I phoned, emailed and even sent a friend of mine who is a priest to the school where the teacher that I am looking for worked as headmistrees and on all the ocasion's the school denied to give me information or contact detail for the mentioned teacher. My personal opinion is that the school contacted the teacher telling her that I was inquireing about her !! If this is true then she know's Im wanting to contact her but she is avoiding me !! I think this teacher know's somthing wich is related to the knife that I have in my posession.

All the best,

Niko

Comment

• Hello everyone !! long time no see !! hope all are well, no progress unfortunly, Just wanted to bring somthing over!! in Strides inquest a 12 inch knife was produced at the hearing, the image Ive placed is a sketch drawed by the police newspaper reporter, the blade of the knfe in the sketch look's wider than the knife's handle, in the inquest it was refured to as a baker's type of knife. As you can see in the sketch the knife has a pointed shape and not rouned as Iv'e heard that a surgical amputating knife was used in the crimes. i still believe the knife I have was that that Thomas Coram found along the Whitechapel rd on the 1st of October 1888.

All the best,

Niko

Comment

• Niko may well have the knife. But I'm just wondering how likely it is that the knife found by Coram was a knife used by the Ripper?

Comment

• Well, it could have been. Blackwell and Phillips were less than certain that it was not.

Comment

Working...
                                X