X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    K

Not spurious, and not without provocation. I was responding to his completely unreasonable comments about me being unfit to post, about my suffering from an unwarranted obsession, etc. He started it.
    Hi Sam
    It was joke. I was just trying to lighten the mood.

Did you miss the part about three eyes? : )
    Last edited by Abby Normal; 10-29-2017, 06:17 AM.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      Did you miss the part about three eyes? : )
      Ah, I see it now. Three times
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
        Is that a poor attempt at humour?
        Yes. I got the poor joker role as well. What did you get?

Comment

• Originally posted by Debra A View Post
          Rocky, I think the idea that Elizabeth Jackson may have been killed in Battersea Park came from the newspapers when a portion of her trunk was found in the park. It was also reported that a 'nameless indignity' had been performed on her body that the press claimed was kept quite from the public, and that they thought it suggested a link to JTR.
          Very interesting thank you, I think I remember you mentioning this before. It's very intriguing. do you think there is anything to it? it doesn't sound like a reference to the plugging. what was it about the plugging that related to sailors? was there anything in any of the cases about the way the ropes/sash cords were tied? do you think she was killed on a boat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
            Hi Rocky,
            There was a suggestion that Jackson was killed and dismembered in Battersea Park, and she was said to sneak in there after it closed for the night. However, the Star 29th June '89 has the following snippet;

"The suggestion that the girl was murdered within the precincts of Battersea Park is ridiculed by the authorities, it being thought more probable that the scene of the murder was aboard a Thames boat."
            thank you. I can't imagine the scene would not be incredibly bloody? so it would have to be somewhere that could be cleaned. A public park wouldn't be possible

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
              do you think [Jackson] was killed on a boat?
              I'd find that unlikely, given that some of her remains were found on land. I wouldn't imagine that a boat-based killer(s) would have bothered/risked carrying body parts onto land when they could simply drop all the evidence in the Thames and just sail away.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

I'd find that unlikely, given that some of her remains were found on land. I wouldn't imagine that a boat-based killer(s) would have bothered/risked carrying body parts onto land when they could simply drop all the evidence in the Thames and just sail away.
                Yes but Sam I imagine the boat was docked along the embankment. Smaller packages would be easy to dump on land. the changing up between dumping on land and water could have been on purpose to confuse authorities and prevent id
                Last edited by RockySullivan; 10-29-2017, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Mr Practical strikes again.

Gareth, this killer abstained from dumping all the parts in the same place and time, instead carrying a torso and a leg - possibly on differing dates - down the vaults of the New Scotland yard and dumped them there after having scaled the fence leading into the premises.

He did not mind bothering. He made bothering his business.

Comment

• Although I feel sure that Debra has this under control, I think it should be intetesting information for others out here. It was asked earlier whether any of us believed that the 1873, 1874 and 1884 torsos belonged to the series of the Thames Torso killer. One very good reason to think that this was so in at least the 1873 case is this, reported in the Lancet:

"...after the body had been divided longitudinally, the right side was severed into three portions, а thoracic, an abdominal, and a pelvic."

I trust we can all see the implications.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

Gareth, this killer abstained from dumping all the parts in the same place and time, instead carrying a torso and a leg - possibly on differing dates - down the vaults of the New Scotland yard and dumped them there after having scaled the fence leading into the premises.

He did not mind bothering. He made bothering his business.
                      Christer,

Although possible, it's not a given he scaled the fence. The authorities thought scaling the 7 to 8 foot fence was the least likely option.

The more we have been reviewing this the more I wonder why he buried the leg and hid the torso in a hard to get to spot? If the plan was to make a statement by placing the torso in the vault of the new police offices, why not pick a more conspicuous location on the grounds?

Comment

Although I feel sure that Debra has this under control, I think it should be intetesting information for others out here. It was asked earlier whether any of us believed that the 1873, 1874 and 1884 torsos belonged to the series of the Thames Torso killer. One very good reason to think that this was so in at least the 1873 case is this, reported in the Lancet:

"...after the body had been divided longitudinally, the right side was severed into three portions, а thoracic, an abdominal, and a pelvic."

I trust we can all see the implications.
                        What other torso cases were the torsos divided longitudinally?

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
                          Christer,

Although possible, it's not a given he scaled the fence. The authorities thought scaling the 7 to 8 foot fence was the least likely option.

The more we have been reviewing this the more I wonder why he buried the leg and hid the torso in a hard to get to spot? If the plan was to make a statement by placing the torso in the vault of the new police offices, why not pick a more conspicuous location on the grounds?
                          You are correct - but that does not detract from how he was not avoiding bothering!

Why he chose the deepest vault, I can´t say - maybe he was searching for "the roots" of the police force, I dunno.

Comment

Ehrm - I have the answer for you, but...

Comment

Yes, because practicality gets things done and fantasy, no matter how interesting, rarely does.

If you're going to go to chop up a body on board a boat and throw the remains in the river, why bother taking the remains out of the river in the first place?
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Were they cut into flaps?
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Working...
                                X