How Drunk Was Mary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben View Post
    Batman's conclusions seem very sound to me.

Maurice Lewis's evidence would have been drastically undermined by the revelation that no pubs had recalled seeing Kelly or serving her alcohol on the night of her death, if memory serves. His evidence only supports Maxwell inasmuch as it indicates a later time of death than that provided by other witnesses. There is nowhere near the astonishing, highly suspicious degree of detail that we find between the Kennedy and Lewis accounts. Had there been any consideration that these two were two separate accounts from two separate woman - and the concept is truly risible in its improbability - police and coroner would have jumped at the chance to establish a sequence of events that was cemented by two witnesses who corroborate each other in virtually every particular.
    Throughout this mystery when you look at witness testimony much of it is contentious to the point of being unsafe. Sadly in many cases it has not been fully tested as to its full and real evidential value.

There are many questions we can formulate now, which should have been asked but were never asked, questions, which may well have cleared up many of the ambiguities which we are left with today.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      the late and much missed Chris Scott
      You can say it again, Robert.
      We owe him so much as a researcher.
      I owe him so much as a translator - he was more than fluent in French, much more.
      I owe him so much for Joseph Fleming.
      He was NICE, and knew how to think - as I remember some pub talks.
      Last edited by DVV; 01-03-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X