Mary Jane Kelly found?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Jane Kelly found?

Has anyone read the book by Wynne Weston Davis regarding the identity of Mary Jane Kelly ("The Real Mary Kelly"? How does it seem?

'The Real Mary Kelly'

Originally posted by MysterySinger View Post
    Has anyone read the book by Wynne Weston Davis regarding the identity of Mary Jane Kelly ("The Real Mary Kelly"? How does it seem?
    It may well be that Elizabeth Weston Davies was the Whitechapel murder victim known as 'Mary Jane Kelly', the few chapters explaining how this came to be are very interesting and quite plausible; but convincing the reader that Francis Spursheim Craig was her killer and, or the killer of the other four victims it does not! Well not this reader anyway.

Comment

My sentiments too

Comment

So could this be a pic of MJK?

Comment

Hi,

I suppose it depends on what can be proved happened to her.

Best wishes.

Comment

So could this be a pic of MJK?

No, because that's Lizzie Williams.

JM

Comment

So still no pic of MJK alive, or even EWD either.

Comment

Hi,
                Lets be perfectly honest, none of us know, who Mary Kelly was, or her killer. regardless of ''Case closed'' or D.NA. possibilities.
                Sorry for the negativity, but I have been around a long time..
                Richard.

Comment

This is just a re-run of the classic "Dr Stanley" story by Leonard Matters. Nice story, no facts. Try again, Dr Weston-Davies, and do check out these boards before putting pen to paper - did he really use a photo of Lizzie Williams in his book and claim it was Mary Jane Kelly?

Graham
                  We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

all
                    theres a ton of threads on here already regarding this. youd do yourself a favor by finding them and reading them. Whatever, you think of his theory of the killer (not much IMHO), he has a legitimate claim to the ID of Mary Kelly-his relative.

And no he didn't use that photo. read up before anyone criticizes too harshly.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                      This is just a re-run of the classic "Dr Stanley" story by Leonard Matters. Nice story, no facts. Try again, Dr Weston-Davies, and do check out these boards before putting pen to paper - did he really use a photo of Lizzie Williams in his book and claim it was Mary Jane Kelly?

Graham
                      No. There are no photos of Elizabeth Weston Davies or Lizzie Williams in the book. Whoever started that rumor has obviously not bothered to buy it. Big surprise.

JM

Comment

I listened to the podcast which was well done and I commend JM for his thorough knowledge of the contents of the book which was evident in the QandA. The author's case for Elizabeth being MJK makes sense, but there is no evidence. The logical path before Craig is introduced is indeed there, though it is still speculation. Probably the most difficult thing to dismiss about the MJK we know is her early history that we get from Barnett, but which is corroborated somewhat by a few others. The stories of Flemming and Morganstone (stern) as told by Barnett seem real, but very could well be an embellishment of depth of relationship, though the Flemming romance has also been corroborated. Of course Craig need not have known about either of these things, and we are left with a completely new story with regards to MJK the child and MJK the pre-London, young lady from what we feel we knew about her. That knowledge, right or wrong, is so ingrained, it's difficult to give up on.

Mike
                        huh?

Comment

Against my better judgement I purchased this book and sadly it appears that the whole thing is made up .The "motive" behind the murders is a load of old rubbish and the author supplies us with absolutely no information about where he got his evidence from.A couple of years ago another book called "the fifth victim" appeared and this to was made up both books are written in a similar style I wonder if Mr Davies is just the front man for the book and the real author is the person who wrote the fifth victim
                          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Hopefully this book will disappear and we won't have another "shawlgate" farce .
                            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

It's only me again...I forgot to mention about the authors claim that he has permission to dig poor mary up there is no way that's going to happen based on the authors "facts"so don't get to excited.

Comment

Working...
                              X