Did The Ripper Wound Himself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did The Ripper Wound Himself?

The killings apparently stopped after the Mary Kelly murder.
    There was possible evidence of defensive wounds on her hands.
    What if she was fighting the Ripper off and ended up managing to turn the knife on him before he killed her?

Sure, he wasn't so hurt that he couldn't complete the sick job at hand but as time went on and days passed infection set in, etc, which could cause the killings to cease.

I know the crime scene was like an abattoir but was there any evidence of a struggle or other blood stains/patterns that may not have come from the victim?

Just a suggestion, thats all.

Hello Jack,

There was a theory that he injured himself during Eddowes' attack and that a resulting infection was the reason for his October absence.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

they also

have a theory of how when the ripper killed stride that he may have slipped and cut himself with his own knife.which may explaine why he didnt mutilate her because of the shock of the injury.also strides jugular(i belive) wanst fully cut through as was the case with the rest of the victems and headed downwards indicating he may have slipped.but i havent veiwed this debate enough to know for sure.i still belive he was interupted by the sound of Isreal Schwartz entering dutfield yard with his carrage.

yours truly
      Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Thanks Stan, never heard about that Eddowes/infection theory before.

Hey Corey, you seem convinced that Stride was a Ripper killing, eh? I won't go there. Thats been covered on plenty of other threads

Comment

Have heard it said on many an episode of the various "CSI" shows that people who kill by knife very commonly end up accidentally cutting themselves in the process. It seems likely that the Ripper probably came away with a few battle scars to his hands, but I wouldn't expect anything more serious than that.

Comment

Stride

Yes I do truly belive Elizabeth Stride to be a ripper victem, shes no different than the other killings besides two things.
            1) a diiferent knife
            2) no mutilations

p.s. I made an error in my last post on this thread, I ment to say Louiz Diemschutz interupted him NOT Schwartz. My mistake.

yours truly
            Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Working...
            X