Only 1 indoor murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 1 indoor murder?

Why did JTR change his MO for his last killing by switching indoors and therefore i assume having some prior contact ?
    My understanding from these forums is that JTR chanced upon his victims.Now , i assume this was not the most impractical method for him as not only could be risked being caught but he also needed to act very quickly and escape.This all though does fit in with his disorganised profiling .
    But I would have thought JTR would want to savour the fruits of his work and not be all over in a rush .So why was there only one indoor murder - or was there simply not the privacy for JTR to act out his killings?
    We're standing alone inside the night
    listen the wind is calling
    to the dangerzone beyond the light
    and suddenly we are falling
    But there ain't no stopping us now
    I don't know if I'll be back tonight
    It's just a machine inside of my head
    and now all the wheels are turning
    I'll think of the words we never said
    and deep in my heart it's burning
    But there is no stopping it now
    we're gonna make it somehow
    you wait tonight
    and we're waiting for the light
    Into the fire we will run
    into the sound of distant drums
    when you're walking alone in a dream
    on a highway to nowhere
    nowhere tonight

Originally posted by OctavBotnar View Post
    Why did JTR change his MO for his last killing by switching indoors and therefore i assume having some prior contact ?
    My understanding from these forums is that JTR chanced upon his victims.Now , i assume this was not the most impractical method for him as not only could be risked being caught but he also needed to act very quickly and escape.This all though does fit in with his disorganised profiling .
    But I would have thought JTR would want to savour the fruits of his work and not be all over in a rush .So why was there only one indoor murder - or was there simply not the privacy for JTR to act out his killings?
    I don't believe there is any particular significance in Mary Kelly having been killed indoors. I think it was simply a matter of opportunity. Most, if not all, the other victims had no permanent home. They lived in lodging houses or on the streets, depending on their income from day to day. Killing ripper-style in a lodging house would have been impossible. Mary Kelly, on the other hand, had her own room.

Peter Sutcliffe killed one of his victims in her own home. All of the rest were killed outdoors.

Comment

So why was there only one indoor murder - or was there simply not the privacy for JTR to act out his killings
      I was just a coincidence that Mary Kelly was the only victim that happened to have her own room. Simple as that. Also Martha Tabram's murder was kind of indoors I would say (or, at least, not outside in the street)

Welcome to the boards Octav
      Best regards,
      Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Probably because when he accosted her, Mary led Jack back to her room, or suggested doing the business there. Or something along those lines.

I don't see anything about Mary's murder that indicates that he had prior knowledge of her (intimate or otherwise); not even in the supposedly 'personal' dismantling of her face(!).

Plus it would've been more safer for Jack to have done his shizzle indoors with regards to the police.

Comment

Hi Octav,

Youve had some opinions, Ill offer mine to balance the scales a bit.

There is no evidence that Jack the Ripper changed to kill indoors, there is an assumption that Jack the Ripper killed Mary Kelly. No physical evidence suggests that this murder can be attributed to any one person let alone a nameless faceless killer at large.... and there is no physical evidence that any outdoor murder was incomplete in any way leading to a supposition he wanted to move indoors for more privacy and time. The most police were on the streets after Mary Janes murder, and this had been the longest interval without a Ripper murder since the "series" began, so to say the immediate heat on the streets caused this indoor move isnt really plausible.

The Ripper wasnt necessarily disorganized at all....he only is if you believe that he killed the Canonical Group, which includes an alledged interruption and a falling over the sanity edge in room 13. Very speculative. For example, If he actually killed only Mary Ann and Annie and perhaps Kate, then he is actually a very organized killer by the evidence left behind. Quick, efficient, noise free, able physically to "operate" in near darkness on public streets and get away unseen, with organs.

You said you though JtR would want to savour his acts.....thats a good observation about a killer that loves the killing itself and perhaps torture as well.....thing is, Jack doesnt even use a knife until the women are flat on their backs and not resisting, he cuts the throats so deeply there will be no question as to the outcome and he starts mutilating....when he has what he wants, he leaves.

He doesnt covet murder itself...he doesnt prolong death, he doesnt even keep them conscious so he can watch their eyes as they die....he cuts and moves on to the main reason he is there in the first place.

When a killer starts to kill so graphically in such public fashion, you have to figure he likes doing it that way. Likes how it scares the neighbors. Likes the fear rush....or the challenge, or the fact that anyone, not just police, might be the people to find the bodies. He leaves them sprawled and bloodied on sidewalks and in backyards.

Now we are to believe he goes to a room at random to find a stranger.....(there is no credible evidence that says Mary ever left her room after 11:45pm on the 8th), ...he either talks her into letting him enter or he breaks in and she doesnt start yelling her head off.....(the "oh-murder" heard by 2 witnesses at approx 3:45am cannot be the start of that altercation because no words follow that and no sounds or movements are heard, and the space between the open door or window to Marys bed would allow for her to get out more than 2 words), and he proceeds to de-engineer the womans torso and slash her face beyond recognition, leaving behind the organ that probably caused the first 2 murders, in the opinion of the men that examined those women.

Short story made long, but, the ONLY reason you will ever hear that Jack the Ripper wanted, needed, desired, or actually did kill indoors is so Mary Jane Kelly can be attributed to him.

All the best
          Last edited by Guest; 10-17-2009, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Indeed, Michael, good post.
            As you'll see most Christmas trees are placed indoors at Christmas time, but a few are placed outdoors, usually in public squares, like Mitre Square.
            It spreads a message of goodwill to all men.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
              Indeed, Michael, good post.
              As you'll see most Christmas trees are placed indoors at Christmas time, but a few are placed outdoors, usually in public squares, like Mitre Square.
              It spreads a message of goodwill to all men.
              Thanks AP, and I love the imagery.

I was thinking about you this morning....if I recall correctly you have fondness for Chateau Margaux, and I saw that this December the Tour D'Argent restaurant in Paris is having an auction to thin out their wine cellar...since theyve been in business since 1582 supposedly, they have a wonderful cellar they are cleaning out....some Margaux from 1970 and 1990, Lafitte Rothschilds from 1970-82-97 and Im sure a fine bottle of Clos du Griffier cognac from 1788, the year before their revolution.

Hope I remembered your interest correctly.

All the best AP...nice to see you.

Comment

Thanks, Michael, I'll have whatever you are buying...

Comment

It is also an assumption that JTR would not have killed indoors even though the oportunity presented itself.Had she been killed,and the oportunity did exist,and mutilated just outside the premises,under the window for instance,there would probably be no arguement against JTR.That an invitation to go inside,into relative seclusion,would,in my opinion,be an invitation that would be foolish to deny.Of course,we not knowing the identity of the killer is by no means evidence the killer did not know Kelly,and that being so,we cannot rule out other means of gaining entry,which if used would not be evidence that the killer was not JTR.

Comment

I really like tacos and burritos. In Korea they are next to impossible to find. When I go to Seoul, there are always a couple of new Mexican-style restaurants, but absolutely off the beaten track. Usually they are merely windows where one purchases one's comestibles and goes upon one's way. One time I found a small, sit-down Mexican restaurant. It was odd because I was used to buying from windows and standing and eating. This time, I sat down. It was maybe more satisfying than the other places. You see, I wanted Mexican food and that craving allowed me to do something a bit different. I would do it again once I get the craving, though the window purchases are a bit more convenient.

Mike
                    huh?

Comment

Hey,

The Ripper did not change his MO. The reason he killed Kelly indoors is simple, she took him there. Had Kelly worked off of some dark street she would have been killed in the street. It is simple. All the victims took Jack to the spot they were killed.

In my opinion all the victims were chanced upon. Jack may have chose the unforunates he thought were easy prey, Worst for drink or older. Kelly fits his type.

Since the Kelly murder was committed inside. Jack was free to indulge in every sick fantasy. He probably would have loved to kill all his victims indoors.

Your friend, Brad

Comment

So 'he came in through the garden window' then?

Comment

Hi,
                          We are left with two questions..'Was Mjks killer JTR? , or was she the result of a 'Copycat'?
                          I am flying against the medical findings and suggest that Kelly was killed by the man seen by Caroline Maxwell at 845am on the morning of the 9th. 'the never discussed man 'dressed like a market porter.
                          Was he Jack? proberly yes, and I feel that she during conversation she suggested that they returned to her room, after all there was no chance of danger at 9am in the morning she would have convinced herself.
                          The man said [realising he had to fetch his knive] 'Give me five minutes , I have to make an excuse at work' to which came the reply'All right luv, just turn down Millers court second door on the right, come straight in.'
                          She returns to her room, and proceeds to undress, down to her chemise, she ,may have removed her left stocking and placed in over the bedroll, just before her killer entered the room. then seeing she was very much alone commenced his attack taking poor Mary by complete surprise.
                          Sorry for the fiction bits , but one should get the drift.
                          Summing up it suited the killer to work in daylight , for [a] better light, [b]better chance of not being caught, no one expected him to strike during the daytime, and it would have certainly put his victim of guard.
                          Regards Richard.

Comment

Richard,
                            Whatever the time of day,why did the killer need to copy anyone?Why with Kelly especially?If the result was a chance meeting that morning,with daylight and a busy area to contend with,one might expect that if a murder was contemplated at all,a quick entry and kill was more the likely thinking.Kelly's death and mutilation,to me, speaks more of a killer who had already carried out similar crimes.

Comment

easy he knew all the girls anyway, he was freinds with them and married to one of them. he was prostituting his gay ass around the east end and built a freindship with the girls as a way to spy on them to get info about his secret wifes affair.

mary kely was the last of 6 murderes. she told eddy whist he was dressed as a woman that she wanted the money to go back to ireland.

eddy said he would give it to her , if she slept with him , so she invited him back to her place where they had sex , then eddy murdered marry kelly

Comment

Working...
                              X