Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    Hi Roy,

"You make it sound like the police knew the 'Ripper' correspondence was a put-on the moment they saw it, but went ahead anyway publicizing it. Is that what you are suggesting, Simon?"

In a word, yes.
    Thanks for the straight answer, Simon. Who do you think wrote the Dear Boss?

(this is a Dear Boss thread I think)

Roy
    Sink the Bismark

Comment

Shoreditch

Hello Jon. Thanks. I think I can say this confidently, her assailant lived in Shoreditch. I am also certain that John got the point and that's what prompted his numerous lies in the two interviews and at inquest.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

debater's point

Hello (again) Jon. Thanks.

Yes, debatable. But there's no debating the lucid results found with Polly and Annie.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

Hi Roy,

I'm far more interested in who might have dictated the letter.

Regards,

Simon
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

I'm going to guess...Charles Warren.

Comment

I am in ernest.

Hello Simon, Scott. What about Ernest Parke?

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

Hi Lynn

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                Any solution to Kate's murder must begin with what she and John were doing in Shoreditch on Saturday afternoon.
                I didn`t know they`d been to Shoreditch that afternoon, where have you seen that?

Comment

ditch it

Hello Jon. Thanks.

I should have said Houndsditch, not Shoreditch.

To be fair, at inquest, John indicated that he left Kate at Houndsditch. In the "Echo" interview, he indicated that they last met at Cooney's on Flower and Dean.

So the question becomes, "If John were telling the truth at inquest, why were they in Houndsditch?" After all, Houndsditch st is not far from where Kate most likely got snoggered. Who lived there and why did he buy the drinks for Kate? Why was she there in the first place?

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                    why were they in Houndsditch?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	OldClothesPhil'sBldgHounds82.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	664577

Lynn, perhaps Kate & John went to Phil's Buildings, Houndsditch, The Old Clothes Exchange. Because their clothes were worn out from hopping.

Comment

No tienen dinero.

Hello Paddy. Thanks.

Possibly. Of course, being broke might have caused a problem there.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Hi Caz,

Your lovingly condescending tone tells me that you believe the Jack the Ripper mythos to be sacrosanct and not to be meddled with.

That's cool with me. So let's make a deal. You keep the faith whilst I look for the truth.

Regards,

Simon
                        Hi Simon,

I merely believe that one killer can account for the 'spike', that is there for all with eyes to see, in the murder statistics for 1888. If that is keeping the faith, then yes, I'm happy with that. I wish you luck in your search for a truth you can believe in.

Love,

Caz
                        X
                        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

numbers game

Hello Caroline. There was indeed a spike in 1888--but it was minimal compared to the percentage spike of the previous year.

How account for that?

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

Hi Lynn

Was the 1887 spike down to unsolved murders, as in 1888?

Comment

Hi Lynn,

I was talking about the spike in unsolved murders of adult women by knife in 1888, that appears to have some sort of connection with Whitechapel's unfortunates, unless I'm going completely mad.

Could you explain precisely what you mean by 'minimal' compared to the percentage spike of 1887? Are you really comparing like for like?

Love,

Caz
                              X
                              Last edited by caz; 12-04-2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Hi Roy,

I'm far more interested in who might have dictated the letter.

Regards,

Simon
                                Well Simon, I think we'd all be interested to know who composed it, considering the accurate warning it contained about "Jack" soon being on the job again. With no lone predator existing outside of the public's highly excited and manipulated imagination, are you implying that the author of Dear Boss committed at least one of the double event murders to keep the kettle boiling and ensure his prediction would appear to have come true? Or did two killers, acting independently and by complete coincidence, go out with their sharp knives on the very night that letter arrived on the police desk, knowing nothing about the "trade name" they were promoting, or the prediction they were fulfilling?

Love,

Caz
                                X

Comment

Working...
                                X