1888: A Jack the Ripper Novel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1888: A Jack the Ripper Novel

Without wanting to sound too presumptuous, I thought some of you here might be interested in having a look at the Jack the Ripper novel I have recently published.

It has taken almost a decade's worth of research and as such, I can honestly say that I believe this to be one of the most historically accurate accounts of the Autumn of Terror ever written...

If anyone is interested, you can find a link to my book on Amazon (Kindle) here:

1888: A Jack the Ripper Novel for Kindle

Alternatively, you can follow my blog, which gives full accounts of the characters, both fictional and real, as well as a host of other subjects concerning London in 1888, from Spiritualist mediums to dietary fads!

1888:A Jack the Ripper Blog

Yours sincerely,
    Charlie Revelle-Smith

Originally posted by revelle-smith View Post
    Without wanting to sound too presumptuous, I thought some of you here might be interested in having a look at the Jack the Ripper novel I have recently published.

It has taken almost a decade's worth of research and as such, I can honestly say that I believe this to be one of the most historically accurate accounts of the Autumn of Terror ever written...

If anyone is interested, you can find a link to my book on Amazon (Kindle) here:

1888: A Jack the Ripper Novel for Kindle

Alternatively, you can follow my blog, which gives full accounts of the characters, both fictional and real, as well as a host of other subjects concerning London in 1888, from Spiritualist mediums to dietary fads!

1888:A Jack the Ripper Blog

Yours sincerely,
    Charlie Revelle-Smith
    If I can get a word in edgeways here Chaz through all the replys then.......

I,ll give it a go.......why not......head up me jacksy like the police in 1888 maybe but i,m always willing to give someone the benefit......

speak soon.

Comment

Just read the first few pages (the preview) and I have to comment that this is rather good. easy to read and the characters seem rounded and well described. The pace is good and the writing is tight and flowing. The descriptive passages of Victorian London squalor are great and I could picture the scenes I was reading about quite vividly in my mind. There are a few grammatical and editing mistakes in the text (spotted a split infinitive and a couple of extra/wrongly placed words) but generally this is a nice bit of writing.

I liked it and I'll be buying.

well done.

Anyone else going to read and review this?
      JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
      JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
      ---------------------------------------------------
      JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Nothing wrong with split infinitives. Ask Captain Kirk.

Best wishes,
        Steve.

Comment

Charlie, you need to promote this. Join twitter and build up followers. Do some promos and other marketing. I'm sure you and the book would benefit.
          Last edited by richardh; 05-25-2012, 09:50 PM.
          JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
          JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
          JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Thank you for the feedback on my book, it is greatly appreciated. I have been fortunate enough to see my book sell far and above what I had expected when I first published it, especially considering my previous Victorian mystery novel sold well and 1888 outsold it within a week!

While I'm unlikely to be giving J.K. Rowling a run for her money, I thought it was reasonable to increase the price of my book to the staggering total of £3. Fret not, fellow thrifty purchasers, I shall be doing so as of next weekend so those who like a bargain can still find it for the satisfyingly cheap rate of £1/$1.50 until next Saturday.

Don't forget to check out my blog, which goes into the stories of the primary characters in much greater detail:

http://1888novel.blogspot.co.uk/

Yours truly,
            Charlie Revelle-Smith.

Comment

Here's the trailer for my book...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi5_-QlYqhc

Comment

Working...
              X