No announcement yet.

William Bury the Whitechapel Murderer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Bury the Whitechapel Murderer ?

No Friday poll for a while again now,i'm slacking,so here goes :

Following on from the Cutbush poll i created about a month or so ago,the same principle applies for this except we are dealing with the notorious William H Bury .

So as before what is,in your opinion ,the possibility of Bury being the Ripper - 1 being no chance and 10 is a definate:
    12.12%
    15.15%
    13.64%
    4.55%
    13.64%
    3.03%
    10.61%
    7.58%
    7.58%
    12.12%
    Last edited by halomanuk; 05-22-2009, 05:56 PM.

Someone is confident giving him a 10...i thought i was the only big Bury supporter around here.

Comment

hi Baz

voted an 8...

can you tell me more about the writing in his cellar? what is the source for that, do you know?

ANd can you explain why he thought he could get away with calling his wife's death a suicide and then ripping and stuffing her in a box? wouldnt it have been more sensible to dispose of the body somewhere else?

thanks Baz...miss you in chat...come in why dontcha!
      babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Hello Jenny,

Basically there was a message on the cellar door saying that JTR is at the back of the door,and once the door was opened a message was scrawled on the back saying 'Jack the Ripper is in this seller (sic) '

As Bury was the only person in the flat at least 7 days before then it seems he wrote it but there is no proof of that.
        The original source is the Dundee Advertiser newspaper.

As for the murder of his wife and breaking her bones,stuffing her into a chest then mentioning it was suicide ,i think he was already ga-ga by then - mad.

Comment

could his wife have written it?

do you think?

get the point about being gaga (lady gaga)
          babybird

George Sand

Comment

His wife was very uneducated and could hardly write so i doubt it,Bury was very clever until he went totally unstable.

Comment

more questions Barry...

are there any photographs of Bury that we know of?

Do you know why his wife was a prostitute if she also had an inheritance?

thanks in advance
              babybird

George Sand

Comment

Unfortunately there are no known photos of him.

His wife wasn't a protitute no,but she did inherit Ģ300 from an aunt and she invested it in railway shares.

Comment

Oh good, a new poll. Thanks, Barry. I gave him a 3.
                  "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

thanks Barry

i've ordered a book on him on Amazon. Maybe discuss it when i've found out more?

have a good weekend
                    babybird

George Sand

Comment

Hey Celesta ,my wee friend..
                      Haven't spoken to u for a while,wondered where u were ??
                      Only a 3 for Bury ??

Comment

Hi Barry,

I've been around but just been quiet. I'm glad to see you're back in action. I had fair hopes for Bury at one time, but there's just not enough evidence to convince me, right now. I'll say I wouldn't be too shocked if he turned out to be JTR.

Take care, Barry.

Cel
                        "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Ellen was a prostitute

Originally posted by halomanuk View Post
                          Unfortunately there are no known photos of him.

His wife wasn't a protitute no,but she did inherit Ģ300 from an aunt and she invested it in railway shares.
                          Sorry to correct you here but she was a prostitute. She inherited the money from her aunt after she became a prostitute. She met Bury in a brothel.

I think she was keeping the money for her old age. That's why she didn't want Bury to spend it.

Regards

Eileen

Comment

Aaah just seen this thread,i should have written 'officially recognised' prostitute,as it was never openly stated that she was - even though for a while she was.

She did TRY to keep the money yes but Bury marched her down to the bank to draw more and more out to fund his excess drinking so she didn't have a hope there.
                            The only proud possessions she did have was her little jewelry collection that she kept in a basket with her so that Bury couldn't get his hands on them - she used to polish them whenever she could,bless her.

Comment

Bury actually makes better sense than many other - among Lewis Carroll, Queen Victoria, Pope and Prince Albertīs ghost he is at least possible - , but wasnīt his MO different than Jacks...? I donīt quite remember. How he killed his wife?
                              Me?
                              For the memory of my sweet, ambereyed and animal-loving mother (1932-2007). Be happy in Heaven.

Comment

Working...
                              X