Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bruce Robinson ' s theory. ..what do we think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John G View Post
    To be perfectly objective, I've read reviews that suggest this book is worth reading as a social history and on account of the extensive amount of research undertaken. Okay, Michael Maybrick doesn't sound like a very plausible candidate, but then not many suspects do. And as I understand it, Keith Skinner, who once acted with Robinson in a film, did much of the research, so it can't be all bad, can it?
    I'm a fan of Robinson's films but have severe problems with his book, its highly presumptious title and hoary findings. Seems some reviewers cannot see through their panaegyric.

Comment

Originally posted by John G View Post
      To be perfectly objective, I've read reviews that suggest this book is worth reading as a social history and on account of the extensive amount of research undertaken. Okay, Michael Maybrick doesn't sound like a very plausible candidate, but then not many suspects do. And as I understand it, Keith Skinner, who once acted with Robinson in a film, did much of the research, so it can't be all bad, can it?
      Mr. Skinner did research for Patricia Cornwell as well. He gets the information then gives it to the author and it's up to the author to reach their conclusions, right or wrong. Certainly Ms. Cornwell and Mr. Robinson can't both be right as to whom the Ripper was.

Keith Skinner at the Maybrick Trial at the Liverpool Cricket Club, May 2007.
      Christopher T. George
      Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
      just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
      For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
      RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Got the book, read 200 pages so far. Well written and thought provoking to say the least. I've learned lots of new things about the case and I'm keeping my mind open.

Remember: Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.
        JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
        JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
        ---------------------------------------------------
        JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
        ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X