Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by curious4 View Post
    Hello GUT

I understood that Pomme had something to do with red-cheeked Englishmen being compared to apples. As Limey had to do with English sailors drinking lime juice to prevent scurvy. Just looked it up and it says possibly pomegranate. Sure I learned apples though.

Best wishes
    C4

PS From what I read a couple of weeks ago about the museum it was not at all good.
    G'day C4

Actually more explanations than you can jump over, I suspect no one knows the actual truth, you are right another one has to do wth the Red Cheeks (from sunburn) with the white under (when they start to peel) looking lke an apple (French Pome).

But The others I mentioned are considered possibilities too, depending on who you read or believe. All really know is that a Pom's a Pom (and some of those nearest and dearest to me are Poms).
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
      No Gut,

That's correct.

Monty
      Thanks Monty. I was just working off my own family and it seemed one too many Greats that was all.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
        Thanks Monty. I was just working off my own family and it seemed one too many Greats that was all.
        It depends on the age of the person you're counting backward from, in some cases, I think. Tracey may be younger than graying Baby Boomers like you and me, GUT.
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
          It depends on the age of the person you're counting backward from, in some cases, I think. Tracey may be younger than graying Baby Boomers like you and me, GUT.
          I sort of figured than in.

It's just for me on mums side, where they all started breeding pretty young it would only be 2x great. On dads side where everyone was much slower getting started one times.

So even adding one for Tracey to be of my daughters generation 20s I figured 3 would pull her up.

But if Monty says its right I accept that.
          G U T

Comment

• I shall never reveal the age of a lady, but PC is correct.

I specifically asked Tracey how many greats, and she stated four.

Monty
            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Working...
            X