Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ripper Street starts tonight (30th Dec) on UK TV (BBC1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent news for "Ripper Street" fans!
    We are watching the "Doctor Who Christmas Special" on BBC America, and just saw that a new season of "Ripper Street" is coming to BBCA in 2015!

This is great! I liked that show very much, far better than "Copper", in fact, and am so excited to hear it is returning!
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
      Hi again Lynn,
      Out of curiosity, have you read the graphic novel " from hell " on which the film was loosely based on...would you agree that was a superb piece of work ?

Regards
      Hello, Spyglass-- I loved the graphic novel "From Hell: being a melodrama in sixteen parts" which I read recently. It got me interested again in the cases, and now I understand what other people have said against the Depp "From Hell" movie.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

I'm a huge Ripper Street fan. Can't wait for the new season! One of the things I initially liked best about it was that it was set in the immediate aftermath of the Ripper, which makes Abberline's character very interesting.

Reid, Drake and Jackson are all brilliant characters, gotta love the 'American Doctor' in the mix, but while I adore them all I think Drake's my favourite. I'm fond of Jerome Flynn's expressive eyes, wonky nose and fight scenes, but it's the character's depth I'm enjoying a great deal. Kudos to the casting agent.

I got a bit annoyed with the whole Mathilda storyline in the last season, to be honest, I thought it was pushing the bounds of credibility somewhat. The train wreck was spectacular and awful, and I liked how Long Susan's character is revealed in depth, but the Mathilda thing just got up my nose.

Comment

Working...
        X