torso maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
    Ok Her, fair enough. But i still don't understand the 15 inch Pinchin incision. This is an incision the same size and form in the same area of the body. And yet no organs are removed, so it serves no known purpose. Surely you can recognize the unique similarity to the Ripper's signature, can you not?
    I can Rocky and I certainly don’t have an answer.

Just a suggestion, I’ll prepare for derision here, but as the cut to the abdomen was a ripper signature as you say, could the killer, if he was an unknown, have made the cut hoping that the killing would get lumped in with the ripper murders and possibly draw attention away from himself, especially if the ripper had been caught. Especially if the cut served no purpose like the removal of organs. If the apprehended ripper had then said “that one wasn’t me” who would have believed him? The police might have been happy to cross off another unsolved and the real killer walks free.

Again, just a suggestion.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• By the way, was the recent ‘Forgotten Ripper’ book a joke or real?
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
        I can Rocky and I certainly don’t have an answer.

Just a suggestion, I’ll prepare for derision here, but as the cut to the abdomen was a ripper signature as you say, could the killer, if he was an unknown, have made the cut hoping that the killing would get lumped in with the ripper murders and possibly draw attention away from himself, especially if the ripper had been caught. Especially if the cut served no purpose like the removal of organs. If the apprehended ripper had then said “that one wasn’t me” who would have believed him? The police might have been happy to cross off another unsolved and the real killer walks free.

Again, just a suggestion.
        That's certainly been suggested before and it's not impossible but considering all the other connections I think thats unlikely. And yea that book is actually real, I've only read the first half. There is one article that mentions that the person who was seen climbing the fence at whitehall to open it for two men with a sack was actually a child. The article doesn't give any names but I hadnt heard this before, maybe I just missed it.
        Last edited by RockySullivan; 08-02-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

That's certainly been suggested before and it's not impossible but considering all the other connections I think thats unlikely. And yea that book is actually real, I've only read the first half. There is one article that mentions that the person who was seen climbing the fence at whitehall to open it for two men with a sack was actually a child. The article doesn't give any names but I hadnt heard this before, maybe I just missed it.
          What’s the book called Rocky?
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• forgotten ripper by patrick gallagher. its just newspaper articles, some apparently new, missed or forgotten
            Last edited by RockySullivan; 08-02-2018, 04:04 PM.

Comment

forgotten ripper by patrick gallagher. its just newspaper articles, some apparently new, missed or forgotten
              Thanks for that Rocky
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

But i still don't understand the 15 inch Pinchin incision. This is an incision the same size and form in the same area of the body. And yet no organs are removed, so it serves no known purpose.
                The reason no organs were removed was because the cut didn't peneterate or open the abdominal cavity. The "true Ripper" wouldn't have hesitated to have done so, therefore the ONLY torso victim to have been found within the most generous definition of "Ripper territory" was not remotely eviscerated.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                  The reason no organs were removed was because the cut didn't peneterate or open the abdominal cavity. The "true Ripper" wouldn't have hesitated to have done so, therefore the ONLY torso victim to have been found within the most generous definition of "Ripper territory" was not remotely eviscerated.
                  & so why was the cut made sam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                    wait Sam, what organs were removed from Polly Nichols?

Comment

• Could the ripper have been disturbed by the sound of CL’s footsteps and so didn’t have time to go further?
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• A bit of advice needed.

I only have the Trow book on the Torso Murders and it’s been a while since I read it. What other books are there and what are the best. I can see one by R. Michael Gordon who’s obviously a Chapman supporter which I have to admit puts me off a little.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

A bit of advice needed.

I only have the Trow book on the Torso Murders and it’s been a while since I read it. What other books are there and what are the best. I can see one by R. Michael Gordon who’s obviously a Chapman supporter which I have to admit puts me off a little.
                          the definitive book(or even a good one) on the torsos has yet to be written.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                            the definitive book(or even a good one) on the torsos has yet to be written.
                            Cheers Abby,

Looks like I’ll have to wait like everyone else as i didn’t fancy the Gordon book
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Cheers Abby,

Looks like I’ll have to wait like everyone else as i didn’t fancy the Gordon book
                              Or you could read the book I suggested and familiarize yourself with the source material.

Comment

Or you could read the book I suggested and familiarize yourself with the source material.
                                I could do Rocky. I keep saying that I’m going try and re-connect and catch up. It’s just finding time away from my slight (and far too expensive) Conan Doyle/Sherlock Holmes obsession (I mean interest.)
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X