Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul.
    Yeah I meant Liz Stride, oops.
    Knew there was a Catherine involved somewhere.
    Personally I thought the photo matching sounded quite good until they brought out that photo and matched it to someone obviously not either Stride or the photo of Catherine.
    That probably wasn't Pat Quinlan either. Pft. Load of BS.
    For just a moment the show piqued my interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
      As I said, those who have viewed the series will make up their own minds and judge those who participated, and what they said, including your contribution.

There is only one person who has a history of squirming, and its not me, could it be you?

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
      Trevor,
      Fine, you can’t name names. It doesn’t matter to me one jot. So let it drop. And I don’t see me avoiding answering the question by waffling about being my own man and assassinating characters, so it must be you squirming. There isn’t anyone else. But it really, really doesn’t matter. I should have known better than to have asked.

Comment

Originally posted by peg&pie View Post
        Paul.
        Yeah I meant Liz Stride, oops.
        Knew there was a Catherine involved somewhere.
        Personally I thought the photo matching sounded quite good until they brought out that photo and matched it to someone obviously not either Stride or the photo of Catherine.
        That probably wasn't Pat Quinlan either. Pft. Load of BS.
        For just a moment the show piqued my interest.
        I thought the photo matching was interesting too. Apart from anything else, I thought it showed that the sketches in the newspapers were more accurate than I’d imagined. Then they gave the 64% to the "Stride" photo. I’d like to know what the man who did the analysis would say.

Comment

I've just watched episode 4. What did they hope to find beneath the post office land that could tie Holmes to The Whitechapel Murders? I have to admit to being baffled by this. Any suggestions?
          I find this series very annoying to be honest. Mudgett looks constantly amazed when any fact is presented as if it's a revelation that proves guilt. Absolutely nothing so far has left me wondering in the slightest if Holmes could have been the Ripper.
          Am I the only one that feels a little annoyed at the bias being displayed?

Or is it just me
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

It's not just you...

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
            I've just watched episode 4. What did they hope to find beneath the post office land that could tie Holmes to The Whitechapel Murders? I have to admit to being baffled by this. Any suggestions?
            I find this series very annoying to be honest. Mudgett looks constantly amazed when any fact is presented as if it's a revelation that proves guilt. Absolutely nothing so far has left me wondering in the slightest if Holmes could have been the Ripper.
            Am I the only one that feels a little annoyed at the bias being displayed?

Or is it just me
            A friend emailed to say this show is awful, and if they have a second season, she is NOT watching it!

Re your question, about digging up the land in front of the post office, I think they hoped to find remains of Holmes' victims which had escaped burning and might be compared to the Whitechapel victims via surviving documents. Perhaps.

Mudgett is wonderful at ignoring negative evidence and setting off on sidetrips.

Do stick with it, though. There are a few interesting discoveries about the Holmes case itself which are cool.
            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
            ---------------
            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
            ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
              A friend emailed to say this show is awful, and if they have a second season, she is NOT watching it!

Re your question, about digging up the land in front of the post office, I think they hoped to find remains of Holmes' victims which had escaped burning and might be compared to the Whitechapel victims via surviving documents. Perhaps.

Mudgett is wonderful at ignoring negative evidence and setting off on sidetrips.

Do stick with it, though. There are a few interesting discoveries about the Holmes case itself which are cool.
              Hello Pat,

I will stick with it (I'm unsure how many episodes there are[I've seen 4]?)
              There's always going to be some bias when someone's presenting their own theory (the temptation to see things from one perspective) but this is pretty much one-way traffic. Holmes is interesting in his own right.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Halfway finished

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                Hello Pat,

I will stick with it (I'm unsure how many episodes there are[I've seen 4]?)
                There's always going to be some bias when someone's presenting their own theory (the temptation to see things from one perspective) but this is pretty much one-way traffic. Holmes is interesting in his own right.

There are eight episodes in the series, and they'll trace Holmes in America from now on. The most interesting is the exhumation of Holmes' grave, which proves what a clever bastard he truly was.
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

Interesting that Holmes was allegedly in New York when Carrie Brown was murdered.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                  X