Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Wickerman 24 minutes ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Abby Normal 26 minutes ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by rjpalmer 1 hour and 4 minutes ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Simon Wood 2 hours ago.
Torso Killings: torso maps - by Abby Normal 2 hours ago.
Torso Killings: torso maps - by Abby Normal 3 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - (39 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: If Mrs. Maxwell Didn't See Mary Who Did She See? - (29 posts)
Torso Killings: torso maps - (24 posts)
Research Related: Henry Kelly - (7 posts)
General Discussion: Masonic and the number 39. - (6 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > Prince Albert Victor

Old 03-23-2008, 03:43 AM
Cadet

Default prince albert victor's intelligence (or lack thereof)

That pav was a bit dim seems well established from different sources, but the fact that he had a tutor while at cambridge cannot be adduced as evidence to this effect, as it seems to be in the Suspects page devoted to him:
"That his intelligence was lower than expected of a future monarch is not disputed and it is believed that this limited mental ability was one of the reasons why he required a tutor at Cambridge."
All Cambridge (and Oxford) undergraduates had, and have, tutors, it is a unique aspect of the intensive educational experience at these elite institutions. The tutors don't help the students with remedial work, they supervise the bulk of their work in very small settings, meeting with them a couple of times a week.
Here's a link that explains the system concisely:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tutorial_system
From which i quote the first paragraph:
"At both University of Cambridge and University of Oxford, undergraduates are taught in the tutorial system. Students are taught by faculty fellows in groups of one to three. At Cambridge, these are called "supervisions" and at Oxford they are called "tutorials." One benefit of the tutorial system is that students receive direct feedback on their essays in a small discussion setting."
A small point, to be sure, but i think it should be corrected.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Cadet

Very true, it has been stated Prince Albert Victor had low intelligence and speculation of him suffering from learning difficulties. Information like this encourages me to believe Prince Albert Victor had nothing to do with the 1888 murders. Also the matter of Prince Albert Victor not being in London when the murders were being committed. I doubt - even in todays society - that he could eat dinner with the Queen in Scotland, and make it back down to London to slaughter women in one night. there are too many variables towards Prince Albert Victor such as; low intelligence and not being in London at the time, to put forward a convincing arguement that he was Jack the Ripper. The reason he is amongst the "suspects" is because in the 1970's it came to light that Prince Albert Victor liked to endulge in some thrills which would be immensely frowned upon to a member of the Royal family.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Commisioner

I've heard that average intelligence is a common trait in the British Royal Family - that almost all require special tutoring in order to make it through college. This is what a British commentator I saw relate on TV anyway. Maybe he had some ax to grind or something. If it's true, perhaps PAV was just inside the family norm.

Stan Reid
Old 06-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Detective

I dont think that applies to ALL the Royal Family at all,Stan.
Who was this plonker of a commentator ?
Old 06-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Commisioner

I don't remember who the British commentator was. This was not meant to be an insult on my part - just going by what I'd heard from this guy which went unchallenged.

Stan Reid
Old 06-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Detective

Oh i know that Stan don't worry about that.
Prince William is a clever lad at least,and thank God he is the future King here. !!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Banned

no eddy did not have low inteligence he was rapped as a kid and was shizophrenic becuase of that
Old 10-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Banned

with respct you should really get your facts right before you cast judgmetns about people.

eddy was sexualy abused by his farther the king , as a boy which sent eddy into a state of schizophrenia, and he was so traumatised that he just went numb in the head to block out the images and thoughts , your not being realy fair by casting judgmetns about eddy when you have no real proof.

its easy to say that eddy was dorment of mind , it was also very true and a recorded fact , by many people , but the reason for his mind dormency was due to his childhood experinces by his farther who sodomised eddy causing him to become addicted to sex and masturbation. only you wont hear about that becuase nad things happen behind closed doors, you only see the effects and eddy was too scared to talk about it becuase his farther would beat him and he was a big man

if you dont know for sure, please dont cast disbursions
Old 10-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Assistant Commissioner

"Paging Mrs. Malaprop." "Paging Mrs. Malaprop."

c.d.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Banned

it was stated that eddy had low inteligence, but the person who cast that judgement was obviously not very inteligent . becuase eddy was born just as normal as anyone else.
and when he was a boy he was sexualy abused by his farther the king of england , and he sodomised eddy and made him perform oral sex on him

eddy was seriously damaged as a result and to block the pain out became dormant of mind , did you consider that to be a posibility

he was shcizophrenic, and hearing voices in his head because the nrifge between his right and left brain collpased as a result of the abuse.