7 June attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 June attack

Does anyone have any idea what this report in The Scotsman refers to please?

7 June 1888
    The police in Whitechapel district are engaged investigating the mysterious death of a young girl

Hi Chris

All I can find is that on Tuesday night (5th) a man accompanied by a young girl engaged rooms in a house in Old Montague St, and on Wednesday morning the girl was found dead. A medical examination was due to be made.

Robert

Comment

Hi Robert
      many thanks for that
      I'll have a look and see if I can find any more for that date
      Much appreciated
      Chris

Comment

Robert could you tell me where you found that report cos Ive looked in The Times and cannot find any mention
        Thanks
        Chris

Comment

Hi Chris

More or less identical reports were printed in three or four papers. This is The Leeds Mercury June 7th :
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey no kidding I'd like to hear more on this too. Interesting
            "Truth only reveals itself when one gives up all preconceived ideas. ~Shoseki

When one has one's hand full of truth it is not always wise to open it. ~French Proverb

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Anymore on this? Id love to know the cause of death.
              Best regards,
              Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Working...
              X