Mr Blotchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    I don’t think so. I know they looked for him and inquired at the bars but nothing.
    Like Abby, I too think Blotchy should be looked at more seriously as the Ripper. Witnesses have provided his description several times just before or after a murder, as evidenced in this very thread. This man has a name, fits the the description of Blotchy, he knew the comings and goings of the police intimately, and he was arrested twice as a suspect in the murders, but was released promptly after being questioned. It's odd that no one here ever brings him up as a suspect. I'm sure the more experienced researchers here know who I'm referring to.

Comment

• Who?...
      Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
      M. Pacana

Comment

• Former PC George Compton.
        Physical description in July 1888:
        • 42 years old
        • 5'7 3/4 inches tall.
        • Dark hair
        • Hazel eyes
        • Florid complexion

He was arrested on suspicion of being the Ripper 2 times. Check him out.
        Last edited by SuspectZero; 01-15-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuspectZero View Post
          Former PC George Compton.
          • 42 years old
          • 5'7 3/4 inches tall.
          • Dark hair
          • Hazel eyes
          • Florid complexion

Thanks suspect!

id never heard of him. but then again I'm no researcher. lol.

Can you please expound a little on him? or point me in the right direction?
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Thanks suspect!

id never heard of him. but then again I'm no researcher. lol.

Can you please expound a little on him? or point me in the right direction?
            Hi Abby,
            Here's a little info on what I know about him:
            George Compton (Warrant number 53393)
            Born: approximately (Jul-Aug or Sept) 1845 in Sandhurst, Gloucestershire, England
            Parents were Samuel & Louisa Compton (can't locate the marriage info)
            Joined Metropolitan Police on the 5/12/1870 and assigned to K Division and served there until 6/30/1880.
            Transferred to H (Whitechapel) Division on the 1/7/1880 and served there until he retired on the 6/30/1888. 18 years total service.
            Interestingly, he seems to be confused as to the right place and date of his birth in his final paperwork, stating he was born in 1842 in Cheltenham.
            His retirement started 7/1/1888 with a pension of £22.9.4. per year. At that time he was married to Faith Compton.
            in the 1881 census he lived at 115 Old Church Rd Tower Hamlet – Mile End.
            in 1888 he resided at 115 Finnis Street, Bethnal Green.
            His family life is more interesting....
            Last edited by SuspectZero; 01-15-2018, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Former PC George Compton.
              • 42 years old
              • 5'7 3/4 inches tall.
              • Dark hair
              • Hazel eyes
              • Florid complexion

But, didn't you write this?
              Like Abby, I too think Blotchy should be looked at more seriously as the Ripper. Witnesses have provided his description several times just before or after a murder, as evidenced in this very thread. This man has a name, fits the the description of Blotchy,....
              Blotchy was about 36 years old, 5ft 5 inch tall, with sandy hair and a carroty moustache.

Where's the similarity?
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                But, didn't you write this?

Blotchy was about 36 years old, 5ft 5 inch tall, with sandy hair and a carroty moustache.

Where's the similarity?
                Compton was twice arrested as a suspect Jack.
                I won't restate the blotchy face descriptions because I'm sure you know most of them and I'm sure you can read them at the beginning of the thread, but there are similarities to the description of Compton, whose face is described as florid. I don't recall anyone having blotchy's birth date, so your 36 year old comment seems cherry picked, as does your 5'5 description, as there is a 5'7 one to counter it. I'm surprised that someone as learned as you would be so quick to challenge it, without further research. Have you looked into Compton?

Comment

I won't restate the blotchy face descriptions because I'm sure you know most of them and I'm sure you can read them at the beginning of the thread, but there are similarities to the description of Compton, whose face is described as florid. I don't recall anyone having blotchy's birth date, so your 36 year old comment seems cherry picked, as does your 5'5 description, as there is a 5'7 one to counter it. I'm surprised that someone as learned as you would be so quick to challenge it, without further research. Have you looked into Compton?
                  Hi Suspect Zero,

Do you have a report that states the suspect arrested twice by the name of George Compton is the same man as the PC by that name?

Comment

I used Cox's testimony - what did you use?
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hi Abby,
                      Here's a little info on what I know about him:
                      George Compton (Warrant number 53393)
                      Born: approximately (Jul-Aug or Sept) 1845 in Sandhurst, Gloucestershire, England
                      Parents were Samuel & Louisa Compton (can't locate the marriage info)
                      Joined Metropolitan Police on the 5/12/1870 and assigned to K Division and served there until 6/30/1880.
                      Transferred to H (Whitechapel) Division on the 1/7/1880 and served there until he retired on the 6/30/1888. 18 years total service.
                      Interestingly, he seems to be confused as to the right place and date of his birth in his final paperwork, stating he was born in 1842 in Cheltenham.
                      His retirement started 7/1/1888 with a pension of £22.9.4. per year. At that time he was married to Faith Compton.
                      in the 1881 census he lived at 115 Old Church Rd Tower Hamlet – Mile End.
                      in 1888 he resided at 115 Finnis Street, Bethnal Green.
                      His family life is more interesting....
                      Thanks suspect.
                      Can you please provide more details or source for the arrests as the ripper.
                      "Is all that we see or seem
                      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I used Cox's testimony - what did you use?
                        I see you are choosing to ignore my question, so I will ignore you as well.

Comment

I see you are choosing to ignore my question, so I will ignore you as well.
                          Busted!
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Morning Advertiser (London)
                            12 November 1888

Compton does not bear any personal resemblance to the published descriptions of the man who is supposed to be the murderer. The police telegraphed to the authorities at King David-lane station, Shadwell, and, finding Compton's statements to be true, released him.

Not sure if this means the description from Hutchinson, Cox, Lawende or another person?

Comment

Thanks suspect.
                              Can you please provide more details or source for the arrests as the ripper.
                              Hi Abby,
                              It was in the London Evening Standard Nov 11th, 1888.

Comment

Busted!
                                No Wickerman. Not busted. I see how you treat people on this board. I experienced it in a different post with you and your sarcasm. Immature and designed to shut people up. I won't play that game with you. You are on ignore. Find someone else to torment.

Comment

Working...
                                X