Most Haunted Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Haunted Jack the Ripper

The popular Living TV show decided to investigate the infamous case of Jack the Ripper.
    The show was a landmark occassions for 3 reasons,
    It was the First 4 night investigation,
    It was the last show for Presenter David Bull,
    It was the last show for Derek Acorah,

Over the 4 nights the team would visit the following locations,
    Night 1 dated 28/10/2005, Most Haunted investigate Tower Bridge.
    Night 2 dated 29/10/2005, Most Haunted investigate Commercial Tavern. Night 3 dated 30/10/2005, Most Haunted investigate The Clink Prison Museum.
    Night 4 dated 31/10/2005, Most Haunted investigate 2 locations The Blind Beggar pub in whitechapel, and a warehouse further down at whitechapel.

All the usual suspects were present including Yvette and Hubby Karl, and historical help and analysis was on hand in the studio in the shape of Richard Jones and Richard Felix, and even a special guest was lined up, Paul O'Grady aka Lilly Savage (!)

Here is an historical report courtesy of website badpsychics,

JACOB HILLS MHL
    Jack the Ripper

Day one of the unproductive three-day 'search for Jack the Ripper' dawned with the revelation in the Mirror newspaper that Ciaran O'Keeffe was the creator of the 'Kreed Kafer' and 'Rik Eeedles' anagrams that had previously trapped Acorah!

In the Commercial Tavern, Spitalfields, London, Acorah became 'possessed' by a baddun - yet another 'spirit' strangely reluctant to answer Yvette's questions after going to all the bother of getting on television.

So what information did the 'spirit' provide?

His name was Jacob Hills

This rather unlikely name could, of course, be explained easily - according to those who worship at Acorah's feet. He must have been a slave who had been given an English name by his master!

FACT: Since 1772 it had been illegal for individuals to be enslaved in Britain. The Slave Trade Act become law on 25th March, 1807, nineteen years before Hills was born, and the Abolition of Slavery Act, which prohibited slavery throughout the British Empire came into effect in 1833.

He was born in 1826, and was stabbed to death aged 47 ... or 70...

Depending on which age you choose the date of death would be 1872-4... or 1895-7.

FACT: The only death recorded around the correct times was a 60-year-old Jacob Hills, in 1896, but that was at Tunbridge, Kent.

He was a Nigerian sailor

Nigeria did not exist as a country until 1914, so no Nigerian sailors in the 19th Century.

What is now the Federal Republic of Nigeria consisted originally of the kingdoms of Borno, Katsina, Kano, Zaria, Gobir Ife, Oyo, Ijebu, Benin, and Igbo.

The first British government-sponsors expedition to what is now Nigeria occurred in 1821, the second in 1830.

The first British company to make an expedition to establish whether trade would be possible was formed by a group of Liverpool merchants in 1832. Their ship, the ss Alburkah was the first ocean-going iron ship. The expedition returned in 1834, having lost several crew members to disease.

Lagos was the first kingdom to become a protectorate of Britain, in 1861, followed by the rest of the kingdoms by 1900. What is now Nigeria is a federation of those protectorates (Northern, Eastern and Western) and the federal territory of Lagos, which were merged in 1914 tinto a single country that became independent in 1960.

So did Jacob Hills ever exist? Hmmm... yes ... but not in the way that Acorah believed! According to Matt Roper's interview with Rick Wood, Ciaran O'Keeffe had confirmed to him earlier in the day that Jacob Hills / Jacobs Hill was a setup!

As it wasn't one of the more usual anagrams, it was not an immediately obvious setup, but something rather more subtle.

A clue to its origin may well have been found in the whispered conversation that ensued behind closed doors at the end of this clip, when Karl had called both Jon and Yvette into the room.

The reference was actually to Jacobs Hill - a famous beauty spot in Massachusetts, together with its aptly named water feature SPIRIT FALLS.

Not only had Acorah 'fallen' that day, thanks to the Mirror article, but he had taken 'spirit' down with him.

FACT: This is where Acorah made his fatal error!

So did they pick up on JTR or any of the victims???

No!!!!!

Infact it was the usual run and scream a lot with little or no evidence!!

Next up, series 6 London Dungeon!!
    Regards Mike

Most Haunted London Dungeon JTR

By the Sixth Series of the popular Living TV show the team decided to visit the infamous London Dungeons.

It was during the evening that notorious medium, Derek Acorah picked up on the Victorian Serial killer Jack the Ripper,

Derek was under the impression that 2 men were responsible for the crimes, but only one was given a name, James Maybrick.

Funnily enough the only thing the Dungeon has in common with JTR are the exhibits!

One should remember both Maybrick and Acorah are both from Liverpool, and this is not the first time Derek had a brush with JTR.

Acorah did a JTR Special for the ISPR many years earlier!!!
    Regards Mike

Comment

London Dungeon MH

The full episode featuring Derek picking up on JTR!!!!!

Part 1
      Yvette Fielding and the team investigate the London Dungeon.

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5
      Regards Mike

Comment

Actually, Mike, the Dungeons are indeed haunted. I used to work there. Not haunted by the ghosts of prisoners, you understand, as they are Victorian storage vaults, but by several different things unrelated to the exhibition. Most notably I understand there was a bomb hit at London Bridge station in The Blitz and people sheltering in the final room of the Dungeon before the shop were killed by it.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Hi Philip, I wasn't disputing they were haunted, but they had little in common with JTR, I read they were haunted in "Walking Haunted London" by some bloke called Richard Jones, an excellent book, from the only person I trust on the MH team past or present!!
          Regards Mike

Comment

Pssst, Mike...

...great move, getting in with his Boss.

Monty
            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

I love the smell of a good brown nose in the morning, its the smell of victory.....and possibly other things
              Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                Hi Philip, I wasn't disputing they were haunted, but they had little in common with JTR, I read they were haunted in "Walking Haunted London" by some bloke called Richard Jones, an excellent book, from the only person I trust on the MH team past or present!!

Apparantly Richard is currently doing a book in Edinbough which sounds fab

psychics do appear to love Maybrick don't they?

Trust Ruggie Media enjoyed my Egypt scipt/idea..

Jeff

Comment

Oh my God,
                  That show was a complete disaster, wasn't it?

All the best
                  The Swedes are the Men that Will not Be Blamed for Nothing

Comment

It still makes me sick to the stomach just thinking about all the time I never got paid for Glenn old boy...by the way have you listened to the Tabram POD cast...I'm currently writing a script on her and thought of you..

Jeff

Comment

Richard is indeed doing an Edinburgh book, as is someone else in Ripper circles well known to most of us!

PHILIP
                      Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
                        It still makes me sick to the stomach just thinking about all the time I never got paid for Glenn old boy...by the way have you listened to the Tabram POD cast...I'm currently writing a script on her and thought of you..

Jeff
                        Hi Jeff,

I haven't found the time yet but i most certainly will.

All the best

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                          Richard is indeed doing an Edinburgh book, as is someone else in Ripper circles well known to most of us!

PHILIP
                          Pope de Locksley?

All the best

Comment

Working...
                          X