No announcement yet.

List of Ripper movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having difficulty finding Ripper movies after the 2001 "From Hell" film. Does anyone know of the movies made after that one?
    "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

Hi Billy,

There were 3 or 4 movies planned but I don't know if any were completed. There's a version of The Lodger due out this year but I think it's a modernized version and not really JtR.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Shameless Commercial

Since I've been simplifying my life and cleaning out a LOT of Ripper stuff, I will step in here and make a shameless plea for any, or all, of you to take most of these "Ripper" movies off my hands for $5 each plus post costs. Most are VHS, ALL are NTSC, but if that's an issue, a VERY good friend of mine can transfer them to almost any format for you..$5 per transfer. I DO have most of the really weird ones.. like "What the Swedish Butler Saw" among others. AND I have "Fog", the AVENGERS show.........

If you care at all, or would like a list, just e-mail and ask.....

Cheers and thanks. The movies are high on my list of favorite things and some of these really are collectible. They're also great fun at WS meetings or conferences.

Cheers,

Judy
        needler@ntelos.net

Comment

My list is nearing completion (as complete as I can make it), but I am running into a brick wall on one tv episode. Apparently there was an episode of the Mtv Spiderman animated series featuring JtR that was unaired. Does anyone know about this? I need the title of the episode and year it was produced. Thanks.
          "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
            I was just checking IMDb. The 1968 episode of CIMMERON STRIP was called
            "Knife In The Darkness" and was written by Harlan Ellison (which explains the rather perfection in the time, place and setting - and some other details he included). Tom Skerritt was in the episode, by the way. I was wrong about the wagon train (it's been a long time since I saw it), but it was set in the town where Stuart Whiteman is the Marshall.
            HI HO Mayerling, Would that by any chance be the TV show Cimmaron City
            " ON A HOT SUMMERS NITE, WOULD YOU OFFER YOUR THROAT TO WITH THE RED ROSES ?"

Comment

Hi Giz,

I thought the same thing at first but, no, they are two different shows. CITY was one of my favorite programs back in the 50s but I don't recall ever seeing STRIP.

Stan Reid

Comment

I just borrowed my mothers DVD box set of the old "Kolchak: The Night Stalker" series. I loved that series when I was growing up and Darren Mcgavin was great. There is one episode in that series called "The Ripper" in which Jack is apparently immortal and now (I mean then) in 1970's Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
                  HI HO Mayerling, Would that by any chance be the TV show Cimmaron City
                  Hi Gizmo,

CIMMARON CITY was something I never heard of, but it too was a Western that appeared on American television in 1958, starring George Montgomery (the husband of Dinah Shore at one time), Audrey Totter, and John Smith.
                  Jason Robarts Sr. (not Jr.) appeared on some episodes. But it was made a decade before CIMMARON STRIP, and it was (like CIMMARON STRIP) a failure, only lasting one year.

Thanks for bringing the series to my attention.

Jeff

Comment

For those of you interested I found out the Spiderman episode featuring JtR was never produced, just was planned for in case there was another season, which there wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by GRISTLE View Post
                      I just borrowed my mothers DVD box set of the old "Kolchak: The Night Stalker" series. I loved that series when I was growing up and Darren Mcgavin was great. There is one episode in that series called "The Ripper" in which Jack is apparently immortal and now (I mean then) in 1970's Chicago.
                      I love Kolchak That's a great episode

Comment

The Night Stalker was the inspiration behind Chris Carter's X Files, a little show shown in the 90's, and with a new movie due out this year!
                        Regards Mike

Comment

Unless you have something, leave off the "mythical" BLACK THE RIPPER.
                          Last edited by sdreid; 03-04-2008, 09:26 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

I had originally included it, but have found out it never actually went into production. BET announced they would play "Black the Ripper", but many thought it to be a joke, because no one has ever found a single copy of the movie.

Comment

Okay, the moment you've all been waiting for: my list of Ripper movies. This does not include documentaries, or video games about the Ripper, only movies, and tv shows featuring the Ripper as a main character, or main plot device. Enjoy!

Lulu (1917)
                              Erdgeist (1923)
                              Waxworks (1924)
                              The Lodger (1926)
                              Pandora's Box (1929)
                              The Phantom Fiend (a.k.a The Lodger) (1932)
                              The Lodger (1944)
                              Room To Let (1949)
                              The Man in the Attic (1954)
                              The Veil: Jack the Ripper (1958)
                              Jack the Ripper (1958)
                              Thriller: Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper (1961)
                              Lulu (a.k.a. No Orchids for Lulu) (1962)
                              The Twilight Zone: The New Exhibit (1963)
                              A Study in Terror (1965)
                              Star Trek: A Wolf in the Fold (1967)
                              Cimarron Strip: Knife in the Darkness (1968)
                              Hands of the Ripper (1971)
                              Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde (1971)
                              Jack the Ripper (1973)
                              Kolchak: The Night Stalker: The Ripper (1974)
                              Champagnegalopp (1975)
                              Jack the Ripper (1976)
                              Lulu (1978)
                              Murder by Decree (1979)
                              Time after Time (1979)
                              Lulu (1979)
                              Lulu (1980)
                              Fantasy Island: With Affection, Jack the Ripper/Gigolo (1980)
                              Voyagers: Jack's Back (1983)
                              The Ripper (1985)
                              Terror at London Bridge (1985)
                              Jack the Ripper (1988)
                              Edge of Sanity (1989)
                              Waxwork II: Lost in Time (1992)
                              Deadly Advice (1993)
                              Babylon 5: Comes the Inquisitor (1995)
                              Ripper Man (1996)
                              Sliders: Murder Most Foul (1997)
                              The Ripper (1997)
                              Timecop: A Rip in Time (1997)
                              The Outer Limits: Ripper (1999)
                              From Hell (2001)
                              Ripper (2001)
                              The Lost world: The Knife (2001)
                              Jack the Ripper (2002)
                              Jack, the Last Victim (2005)
                              Criminal Minds: Jones (2007)
                              Smallville: Cure (2007)
                              Sanctuary (2007)
                              A Rogue in Londinium (in production)

If I missed anything please let me know.

Comment

Other titles

A few more you may consider

Get Smart

Season 5, Episode 15: House of Max: Part 1
                                Original Air Date: 9 January 1970
                                Max and 99 are in London to investigate the reappearance of Jack the Ripper. The owner of Duval's Cave of Wax has developed a formula to bring his wax characters to life.

Season 5, Episode 16: House of Max: Part 2
                                Original Air Date: 16 January 1970
                                Max and 99 are in London to investigate the reappearance of Jack the Ripper. The owner of Duval's Cave of Wax has developed a formula to bring his wax characters to life.

In search of

Season 3, Episode 5: Jack the Ripper
                                Original Air Date: 12 October 1978

A Knife for the Ladies (1974)
                                Alternate Title "Jack the Ripper Goes West"
                                Forget this one. JTR in title only

Comment

Working...
                                X