True Crime Media Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Magpie,

No, this was a new one also featuring our PH. As I recall, Freemasonry received not a mention. The program really didn't have much to say about suspects which is good in my view. It had some pretty good CG stuff as well.

I just checked and I don't see that the show gets replayed this weekend. It will be repeated sometime I expect either on History or one of its sister channels. Maybe Philip has the schedule.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

It looks like there are two dedicated threads going on this show now.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi - I knew nothing about this actually being broadcast. The programme makers told me they'd let me know when it happened. It's an amazing coincidence that it happened just minutes after we wrapped up the first day on the Conference. Unfortunately, the hotl doesn't have The History Channel but I brought the show with me on DVD so we might watch it after the world premiere of John Bennett's RIPPERLAND tonight.

John - I shall let you know what Martin thinks. Hee hee hee.

The Ripper show on last night has loads of small niggly errors in it. The one I can't get over was the fact I told the director in detail not to put two doors on 29 Hanbury Street for 1888... and he did. Still, they did indeed do a pretty nifty job with their recreations and CGI.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

I thought it was pretty good. It showed a lot more of the actual areas than many docs do. It's the first time I've seen a mock-up of MJK's room on a doc, that I can recall. I liked the reconstructed scenes, even if they didn't pay attention to what Philip told them about 29 Hanbury.

Hallelujah, no Royals and no artists. I bet that puzzled some folks.

It was nice to see Donald Rumbelow sounding and looking so well. Philip did well. I can't say about the other two because I don't know them.
          "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Just hunted through the next two weeks of listings and no sign of it at all. Sometimes living on the bottom of the world stinks I'm sure I'll see it sometime around 2009...

B.
            Bailey
            Wellington, New Zealand
            hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
            www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Hi Damon,

It isn't even playing on satellite?

PAV and Gull were mentioned and discarded.
              Last edited by sdreid; 10-12-2008, 01:35 AM.

Stan Reid

Comment

According to Tivo, it is going to be replayed on History Channel on Tuesday at 11pm.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Thanks Ally. That will be 10 pm CDT and it will be repeated again 4 hours after that I see.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hey Stan

I'm on the local broadcast feed, which I believe comes out of Australia, possibly after Asia has finished with it, and I suspect is generally a wee bit behind the rest of the world, as usual.

If it's any clue, I just saw the Vic Reeves one for the first time a couple of weeks ago...

But it's so pretty here, and the air is clean, and we're not at war with anyone...

B.
                    Bailey
                    Wellington, New Zealand
                    hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
                    www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

I see that the Unsolved Mysteries program is playing every weekday afternoon/evening for two hours on Spike TV now. It looks like new graphics, new host, new narrator and old segments with some updates. A great show with some classic unsolved cases although I don't think JTR ever made it.

Stan Reid

Comment

TruTV right now is doing the California Zodiac Case on Haunting Evidence. I imagine it will be replayed later tonight.

Stan Reid

Comment

Next Saturday, Sex and Lies in Sin City about the Ted Binion murder premiers on TV. It's a Lifetime Channel movie so don't get you hopes set too high.

Stan Reid

Comment

The 1959 film Jack the Ripper is on AMC in the wee hours of this morning followed by the remake of Psycho.

Stan Reid

Comment

Conversations with a Serial Killer....

Conversations With A Serial Killer, starts Tuesday, 4th November at 10pm.

Conversations With A Serial Killer, traces the lives of some of the most fascinating serial killers of our time through a blend of documentary, archive material, eye-witness accounts and, putting the unique LIVING twist on the crime genre, also paranormal investigation. This show is a must for Most Haunted fans or anyone with an interest in true crime stories and serial killers.

The series hopes to open up a spiritual dialogue with deceased infamous murderers who have terrified and fascinated people for years, as well as documenting their lives and investigating the influences upon their earthly existences.

Each episode will feature British investigative journalist Julie MacDonald and American psychic medium and ex cop, Bobby Marchesso. They will look into the lives of one infamous serial killer per episode, tracing their lives and attempting to spiritually communicate with these tortured souls, perhaps haunting the locations they frequented when they were alive. Julie and Bobby will track the lives of serial killers Ted Bundy, Aileen Wurnos, Albert DeSalvo (The Boston Strangler), John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Richard Trenton Chase, Belle Gunness and Charles Starkweather, visiting the locations where these renowned serial killers lived, worked and preyed on their victims.

The journey across America offers compelling, yet terrifying, insight into the most complicated killers in history, accessing those who knew them, feared them and caught them. Exposing the dark side of America the team searches for the spirits of these horrific butchers, whose names still haunt the world and have become synonymous with their crimes. There will also be first-hand accounts from surviving victims, psychologists, school teachers, criminologists and psychologists to help understand what made these killers tick.

This is a fascinating series that will have you spooked from beginning to end.

Conversations With A Serial Killer: Ted Bundy, starts Tuesday, 4th November at 10pm.
                              Regards Mike

Comment

The color remake of Psycho is on AMC this evening. I didn't really have as big a problem with it as some did.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X