Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new BBC One documentary about one of the most infamous serial killers of all time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emilia Fox? does not come over very well without a script. Why not use a real female forensic pathologist rather than an actress pretending to be a pathologist ? I would be interested in the opinions of an expert.

miss marple

Comment

Originally posted by miss marple View Post
      Emilia Fox? does not come over very well without a script. Why not use a real female forensic pathologist rather than an actress pretending to be a pathologist ? I would be interested in the opinions of an expert.

miss marple
      May I suggest you obtain a copy of my book “Jack the Ripper-The real truth “ in that there are interviews with a number of medical experts including Dr Biggs a modern day Working forensic pathologist, who opines not only on the WM murders but on the torsos as well

Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 08-04-2018, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Yes that sounds like an interesting read!

Comment

I think the BBC releasing a new documentary is less to do with the possibility of new insights into the case, and more to do with the fact that we are in a year that ends with an 8.
          A nice round 130 years since the killings is reason enough for them wanting a documentary, which will naturally air in the autumn.
          Having said that, I hope it’s a blinder.

Comment

"It's no secret that a lot of the documentaries that studios throw our way — both on the television and in the cinema — are bloated with misinformation. Most of them are either propaganda or just pop sensationalism. Many of us enjoy watching these for the entertainment value; it's fun, just as it was intended. But there are those of us who hope to actually be enlightened and informed; but unless we happen to have actual expertise on the subject being presented, we have no practical way to know whether what we're watching is good education or just propaganda."

Brian Dunning, Skeptoid Podcast #596. How to Assess a Documentary.
            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

The Emilia Fox JTR Documentary is going to be on BBC1 Thursday 4th April 2019 at 21.00. Get your PJs on, coffee brewing and plenty of buttery toast.

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
                Silent Witness star Emilia Fox will investigate Jack the Ripper murders in new documentary.

The BBC has commissioned a one-off science documentary about Jack the Ripper, who is said to have murdered five poor, working-class women in London's East End between August and November 1888.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a8...r-documentary/

I note that in the advance publicity they state that new never before ground breaking virtual reality technology was used with regards to the bodies.

Can i point out that this is not new It was first used in the making of "Finding Jack the Ripper" in 2011 here is the results

Comment

Phil, just to add something for animal lovers, because these races do take a toll on our four-legged friends. I am very sorry to announce that the Queen's horse threw itself in the path of Hallie Rubenhold, and has had to be destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                    Phil, just to add something for animal lovers, because these races do take a toll on our four-legged friends. I am very sorry to announce that the Queen's horse threw itself in the path of Hallie Rubenhold, and has had to be destroyed.
                    Brave horse though. Did it run into a block?

Comment

I think it was protesting against HR's excessive use of the whip - she was flogging her book mercilessly.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                        I think it was protesting against HR's excessive use of the whip - she was flogging her book mercilessly.
                        It was never going to win the race. It had no legs.

Comment

If anyone saw ‘London: 2000 Years Of History,’ a recent 4 part channel 5 documentary series HR made an appearance in the final one which came up to the Victorian era and a brief JTR section focusing on poverty. Suzanna Lipscombe talked to her upstairs in The Ten Bells about Booth’s Poverty Map. An enjoyable series if you haven’t seen it.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

I note that in the advance publicity they state that new never before ground breaking virtual reality technology was used with regards to the bodies.

Can i point out that this is not new It was first used in the making of "Finding Jack the Ripper" in 2011 here is the results

• Greetings Trevor! To my shame, I hadn't visited your website for some time and only today clicked on the link to "the medical evidence" and was really impressed with your excellent presentation. New material, well documented and presented, dealing with one of the issues that's always bothered me, namely Jack's skill in being able to remove organs in near to total darkness within a very limited period of time. Your suggestion of harvesting the organs at the mortuary prior to autopsy makes perfect sense and gives a whole new perspective on the Ripper's skill and cunning, or perhaps lack thereof! Your well-qualified experts and the virtual reality demonstration make a convincing argument for your theory. Well done sir!
                            "We reach. We grasp. And what is left at the end? A shadow."
                            Sherlock Holmes, The Retired Colourman

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. John Watson View Post
                              • Greetings Trevor! To my shame, I hadn't visited your website for some time and only today clicked on the link to "the medical evidence" and was really impressed with your excellent presentation. New material, well documented and presented, dealing with one of the issues that's always bothered me, namely Jack's skill in being able to remove organs in near to total darkness within a very limited period of time. Your suggestion of harvesting the organs at the mortuary prior to autopsy makes perfect sense and gives a whole new perspective on the Ripper's skill and cunning, or perhaps lack thereof! Your well-qualified experts and the virtual reality demonstration make a convincing argument for your theory. Well done sir!
                              Thank you for you kind comments. I should at this point mention that since that prog was made further investigative work into the Eddowes murder has cut the time down that the killer could have had with the victim even more, to the point where it would have been almost impossible for the killer to have done all that it said he did in the time available to him.

Comment

Is thIs the documentary that's about to start on BBC1 at 21:00?

Comment

Working...
                                X