Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
    Hi Abby
    I was quite skeptical at first (still am too to some degree, like you because of the Sickert mention ) but I confess I was a bit cranky last night too because of another poster and I let that get to me when I was posting.
    However, after things I've read today and looked at I feel that there might be something going for this latest ID. Some of the details of the ID are already in the public domain and it isn't difficult to track the woman once you know these. It's extremely interesting so far and the research seems excellent.
    I am hoping it is a genuine case of someone proposing a missing relative as MJK

There's one particular record that had me gobsmacked.
    Agreed. Some of the research is very impressive from what I've been able to read. Can anyone remember whether Fiona Kendall-Lane said that her family knew the identity of Mary Kelly or was it just her killer? I can't remember if she cast doubt over Mary Kelly being her real name or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
      I am hoping it is a genuine case of someone proposing a missing relative as MJK.
      You're not the only one, Debs! Frankly, we were always going to need a plausible "family story" element, if not an (authentic) diary! Census records alone were unlikely to find us a definitive MJK.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Many have theorized that Mary Kelly's murder is the missing piece of the jigsaw. Uncover her real identity and you could solve the mystery of the Ripper murders once and for all.

Not sure I believe that, but it sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          Many have theorized that Mary Kelly's murder is the missing piece of the jigsaw. Uncover her real identity and you could solve the mystery of the Ripper murders once and for all.
          Hmmm... thinking about the conspiracy-theorist orgy that could ensue makes me wonder whether establishing her ID is a good idea after all
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post

Not sure I believe that, but it sounds good.
            It seems that Prosector is claiming that Kelly/Davies wasn't murdered by a serial killer but by someone known to her who was motivated by revenge on her specifically so if his ID is correct (IF), it probably wouldn't shed much light on the other murders

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
              You're not the only one, Debs! Frankly, we were always going to need a plausible "family story" element, if not an (authentic) diary! Census records alone were unlikely to find us a definitive MJK.
              I agree, Sam. I always felt someone would find her accidentally when they came across someone in their family tree they couldn't trace beyond 1888. I was partly skeptical because this candidate also has such a common name and it would be almost impossible for someone to prove what happened to her without spending a small fortune on death and marriage certificates and I wondered if this was being played on, but there's one part of the research that is undeniably intriguing.

Comment

Can I just bump the part of my original question that hasn't been answered yet please? Does anybody know whether Fiona Kendall-Lane ever wrote her story about John McCarthy? Has she completely disassociated herself with all things Ripper?

Comment

There's been talk of a Kendall book since 2011 but nothing so far had come out, as far as I know. Hopefully, she hasn't been dissuaded.

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=3928

Then there's always Uncle Jack by Tony Williams with a family story of a Mary. The Mary Kelly he proposes is a Welsh one we've seen before who lived next door to a Davies.

Comment

Thank you again Maybea

Comment

Originally posted by MayBea View Post
                      There's been talk of a Kendall book since 2011 but nothing so far had come out, as far as I know. Hopefully, she hasn't been dissuaded.

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=3928

Then there's always Uncle Jack by Tony Williams with a family story of a Mary. The Mary Kelly he proposes is a Welsh one we've seen before who lived next door to a Davies.
                      I've noticed that FKL is still about and promoting her family history, last September she was at the unveiling of a plaque for Kay Kendall. I wonder why the book idea has gone cold?

Comment

As per usual I come out of hiding whenever another book intrigues me and I just have to ask:

Will there be a Kindle Version?

I came with a preconceived bias that the "real" Mary Kelly book would just be another nonsense filled joke. But having read more about it and the fact that some well respected people have said maybe there's something here. . .I have to admit my interest is peaked.

Comment

Yes Dane, according to this :

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                            Looks very interesting. I'll look for it on the US Amazon site.
                            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                            ---------------
                            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                            ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                              Thanks.

I was concerned because the U.S. Store only shows the hardcover as an option. But I'm guessing if the UK is getting a Kindle edition that the U.S. Can't be far behind. I'd also like to comment and say that Kindle edition is a great price. I still have a stack of books I'm reading but I always appreciate when a Kindle edition is a bargain.

Comment

If you scroll down on the Amazon (US) "The Real Mary
                                Kelly" page, there's a button to click (right hand side)
                                to tell the publisher you'd like the book to be issued
                                in kindle format. Amazon contacts the publisher so
                                there's no need to compose a message or even log
                                into your amazon account.

Comment

Working...
                                X