Kelly Murder Scene "recreated"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Murder Scene "recreated"

Stumbled across these images today - not sure if they have been posted elsewhere on the site (I can't spot them, but I have to confess to not having been on here for about a year).
    Interesting "art installation" based around the MJK body. Not sure if I approve or not - it is a bit ghoulish, and of course has a lot of innacuracies!

https://www.flickr.com/groups/128047...oto_4157717685
    Allen

Originally posted by allen View Post
    Stumbled across these images today
    This exhibition cropped up a few years back, but thanks for reminding us of it - and for drawing it to the attention of those who missed it the first time round. IMHO a very accurate reconstruction. Bit concerned by those visitors' reactions, though... I'm sure I wouldn't smile!
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Is Diddles upstairs?
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Wow, I've never seen these before. Thanks for the link.

Comment

I know I didn't have to click on the link and am against censorship and all that, but what exactly was the point of this revolting art? The detail almost made me sick and I found it more degrading than the actual pictures of the murder scene. Those actually have value from both a historical viewpoint and for contemporary sleuths. To me, this is also different from computerized "recreations" with similar informational goals. This art seems entirely exploitive. I guess that's OK if the victim is 125 years dead, but still it rubbed me the wrong way.

Comment

Working...
          X