No announcement yet.

In the World of.....Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. Billy, I corrected the director in the early stages of production, long before the CGI was done, and told him not to put in the second door, which he took on board... and did anyway.

The recreation of Dutfields Yard was done from my photograph, by the way, so you can still sort-of see what it contains once the photo is taken off-line later today.

Yep, they cut me off mid-sentence every time by saying that it was all too graphic... in spite of showing Foster's Eddowes sketch. They used most of what they shot with me, just didn't use much of it. I often find this in programmes I do. I think it's only the Swedish one I did in 2006 that used all I said to them.

Still, not like the French one last year, where I organised an entire guided tour with a whole audience I'd assembled myself and found them loads of Ripper historians (most of the people in it except at the Maybrick Conference are people I put them in touch with) and in the end they're all through it and I have literally ten seconds at the start! I mustn't complain too much, though, as I got paid nicely for it (not as nicely as the new one paid me, however).

I'm afraid that the amount of airtime Ripperologists get on TV is usually in proportion to their looks and not what they can say.

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Philip, if I ever get to London, I want to go on one of your tours. And I'll accept no substitute guides.

Comment

If ever I'm fortunate enough to go to London I'll insist on Philip as my tour guide. But before I do, I would like to make a Ripper-walk on my own. I'll just buy a map, a GPS, and perhaps make a will, just in case I get lost forever. :-)
        "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

Is this out on VHS or DVD?

Comment

Nah - it's only just been on the telly in the last fortnight!

PHILIP
            Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Does anyone know if this came out on DVD?
              I figured since it has been a year, almost to the date, the History channel would have, but I can not find any information about this on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by mtd20_2000 View Post
                Does anyone know if this came out on DVD?
                I figured since it has been a year, almost to the date, the History channel would have, but I can not find any information about this on their website.
                Wish someone would put it out somewhere - it hasn't even been broadcast here yet.
                Bailey
                Wellington, New Zealand
                hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
                www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Originally posted by Bailey View Post
                  Wish someone would put it out somewhere - it hasn't even been broadcast here yet.
                  I second that! I live in the UK, but as I only have the basic "Freeview" digital service, I haven't seen this, or indeed the latest doc with MJ Trow in it. The History Channel and Discovery are only available on subscription services.

I'd be happy to purchase a DVD of either of these programmes, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of them being released as such.

All the best
                  Andrew

Comment

Working...
                  X