weather during the Nichols murder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weather during the Nichols murder.

I thought I saw something here about the weather the night of Mary Ann Nichols' murder, but it may have been before the great "crash" happened. As I remember, the last time I was in England, (Portsmouth) It was the beginning of September and the nights were chilly. Was this the case August 30-31 of 1888?
    Neil "Those who forget History are doomed to repeat it." - Santayana

Originally posted by YankeeSergeant View Post
    I thought I saw something here about the weather the night of Mary Ann Nichols' murder, but it may have been before the great "crash" happened.
    Does this link help, Sarge? http://www.casebook.org/victorian_london/weather.html
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Thanks!

Sam, Thanks! that helps immensely and was exactly what I was looking for! Neil
      Neil "Those who forget History are doomed to repeat it." - Santayana

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeSergeant View Post
        As I remember, the last time I was in England, (Portsmouth) It was the beginning of September and the nights were chilly.
        My neck of the woods!

Comment

I love rain. I like to think about the rainy weather during the night of the double event. Is that the only murder when it was raining, drizzling around the time of the murder?

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
            I love rain. I like to think about the rainy weather during the night of the double event. Is that the only murder when it was raining, drizzling around the time of the murder?
            I think that there was quite a bit of drizzle around the time of Kelly's murder.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
            X