Why did he stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did he stop?

Since the murders were never solved, are there any theories on why the murders stopped? It seems to me that since the mutilations were escalating, that the killer could not have stopped himself. Were there any investigations of similar murders in later years outside the WhiteChapel area? Did he move to another area? Was he arrested for another crime? Did he die? What are the thoughts on this topic?

Originally posted by wdmunday View Post
    Since the murders were never solved, are there any theories on why the murders stopped? It seems to me that since the mutilations were escalating, that the killer could not have stopped himself. Were there any investigations of similar murders in later years outside the WhiteChapel area? Did he move to another area? Was he arrested for another crime? Did he die? What are the thoughts on this topic?
    could have stopped for so many reasons:
    death
    jailed on another crime
    injury or illness
    maybe he moved on to another area and continued to kill
    went 100% insane & got sent to hospital

cheers

Comment

He might have got bored. My stepfather is a bit like that. Last year he bought a new motorcycle having seen that programme with Ewan MacGregor. I reckon he rode it about three times and then got fed up with it. So I think that Jack was probably like my stepfather, but with killing, not bikes.

Comment

Hi,
        Most members have the notion that killers such as Jtr, do not stop until forced to, this is true with many , but no all.
        If a killer follows a pattern, that he /she finds, fuels blood lust, once that cycle has been completed the spree can stop, the job has been done so to speak.
        In the case of the Whitechapel murderer, the whole series could have envolved around Mjk, and once she was disposed of, there would be no desire to continue, infact if her killer blamed her for the other killings , he would have felt he was ending the series by killing her, and by placing the blame on her, cleansing himself of guilt.
        I feel this case is unique, and does not folllow 21st century logic.
        Regards Richard.

Comment

Did any of the suspects leave town? get arrested for another crime? die? or get institutionalized around the time the murders stopped?

Thanks for your replies,

David

Comment

Originally posted by wdmunday View Post
            Did any of the suspects leave town? get arrested for another crime? die? or get institutionalized around the time the murders stopped?

Thanks for your replies,

David
            Leave town- William Bury, James Kelly.
            Arrested for other crime- William Bury again.
            Die- Montague John Druitt, and Bury yet again (executed).
            Institutionalized- Aaron Kosminski (though not until 1890).

Research each of these and you'll find all kinds of intriguing details to flesh out your questions.

Comment

...and while you are at it, David, donīt forget about another fellow who was institutionalized and who had actually been Mary Kellys lover - Joe Fleming.

The best,
              Fisherman

Comment

Because the crimes became more grisly, I think he was either quietly arrested or was institutionalized and died a rambling maniac in a padded cell. I strongly suspect that the police would not have made it public had they caught him, for fear of riots and lynchings of the guy's family.

Comment

Working...
                X