No announcement yet.

issues around J.Richardson testimony ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issues around J.Richardson testimony ?

Hi all,

FWIW, I'm under the impression that J.Richardson's testimony is what ties together Cadosh and Long's, which otherwise offer some minor discrepancies around the time the victim was last seen alive.

Could it be that Richardson might have disobeyed his mother and not checked the basement door lock that night, or at least not at/around 4.45 am ?

Please bear in mind that this thread is NOT meant AT ALL to dismiss Long's or Cadosh testimonies on the ground that they WOULDN'T cope perfectly around the TOD issue.

Rather, I'd like to know your opinions about the implications an inaccurate/false testimony of J.Richardson might have on the case and the possible motives of the witness.
    I'd also like to learn other's opinion on the seemingly 'evolutive' testimony of Richardson, and on the way this was received through court's proceedings.

Thanks in advance

vanderlinden

Hello Marc. Perhaps this will help.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

This has been discussed many times before. The fact is that time of death can't be estimated accurately even with the technology available today. An elementary consideration of the margins of error applicable to Dr Phillips's estimate based on an impression of body temperature based on touch, shows that it would have been an hour or two out at best.

Comment

ramifications

Hello Chris. Actually, the dissertation may be interesting to the thread, not for the TOD implications; but, rather, for the Richardson qua witness ramifications.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

Thanks a lot Lynn,

This is the very dissertation that started me on Richardson's testimony, long before I got stuck in Hutchinson's Miller's court episode !

Still an other piece of enigma rolled up in a mystery to chew on

Comment

witness

Hello Marc. Yes, it is an interesting piece. And to this day, I consider Richardson a less than credible witness.

Of course, his status as a witness and Annie's TOD are 2 separate issues. I used to think that Annie could not have been killed after sun up because I thought that inimical to a calculating sexual serial killer who carefully planned his acts of murder and mutilation. Of course, I no longer see Annie's assailant in that way.

And though I think Mrs. Long was confused about the time and off by a quarter of an hour, nevertheless, her description of Annie's putative assailant seems a dead ringer for the chap whom I am persuaded killed Polly and Annie.

Naturally, I am intrigued.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

Working...
            X